Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Okidoki, thx.

A feature request for a version in the distant future (if possible at all): my setup uses the second screen instead of the primary one (i.e. MediaPortal is run on the second screen). However it seems the Netflix plugin for OV always uses the primary screen. It would be cool if Netflix for OV actually recognizes the screen setting of MediaPortal and behaves accordingly.

Though may be that's difficult to implement?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to make the Netflix window launch on a secondary monitor? It's where I have MediaPortal running but the Netflix video seems to always show up on the primary monitor.

Well I don't know. It probably needs to implemented in the Browser Host.
    I know that sometimes applications automatically opens on the same monitor as it was closed the last time it was use (but i think the application developer needs to save this information to the registry (trough some kind of abstraction of course). Can you shift+win+arrow the window to the correct monitor? If so does the program open in the same monitor the next time?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Looking at the file :
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...deos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost/BrowserForm.cs
    one listen to the event:
    GUIGraphicsContext.OnNewAction+=OnNewAction;
    According to Ministerk the button actions from WifiRemote do not get to OnNewAction. This is what is used in the player according to Jason Pyke.

Looking at the file:
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-online....MediaPortal1/Player/WebBrowserVideoPlayer.cs
    one instead listen to the event:
    GUIWindowManager.OnNewAction+=GUIWindowManager_OnNewAction;
    According to Ministerk the button actions from WifiRemote get to GUIWindowManager_OnNewAction but they are not used since only the action
    MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Action.ActionType.ACTION_KEY_PRESSED is allowed. According to Jason Pyke this code is not used anymore.

I tried to use Girder and their MediaPortal plugin but that did not send left/right keys to Netflix player. I also tried EventGhost that uses the MessagePlugin in MediaPortal, didn't work with left/right keys. Also tried Logitech Touchmouse server to send the keys. That work fine for escape so I can go back to MediaPortal from Netflix player. That program does unfortunately not use the arrow keys so I tried to remap some other keys in MediaPortal. This works fine navigating through MP but not in the Netflix player.

So how do we get forward with the remote issue? It seems like the events from GUIWindowManager.OnNewActiom could be used for the WifiRemote commands. Jason, could you add so these events are used?

Edit. I forgot that one actually can send any key(including arrow keys, space and enter) with WifiRemote so I have a workaround for now, tested with an arrow key and that works in the Netflix player. Still feels like a workaround and I would prefer if the real remote commands get through to the player.

Last edited:

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So how do we get forward with the remote issue? It seems like the events from GUIWindowManager.OnNewActiom could be used for the WifiRemote commands. Jason, could you add so these events are used?
    This is not my strong suit. But I simply changed to GUIWindowManager.OnNewAction+=OnNewAction , I didn't have to high hopes and it did not work...

I don't have a "real" remote connected to my dev machine**, so I really can't debug and see whats happening in that use case, but when I use my keyboard it's events defined in the Form that's handled not the MP Actions events.

The only solution I can think of is that the browser player passes the mediaportal actions to the form, as it used to be (set focus on form and send key) or communicate in some other way, socket, pipes, pinvoke, wcf(!). And what happens in MP? you still move around and selecting stuff in there, some kind of prevent default behavior, is that even possible?

** 11" mba running win7 in a virtual machine, drivers to my ehome receiver do not install. Not the best machine to debug on with multiple application windows and breakpoints on key events (DO NOT ALT+TAB !!!)...

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    @johanj & @Jason Pyke - Does theabove debugging/fixing also apply to non-working CEC-remote?
    @Tuomaa - Can you help give some input on how CEC-remote sends actions to MePo? And if/how that can be achived in Browserhost?

Thanks in advance.

Calsi

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Bermuda Bermuda
    Hi Ministerk,
    I see where you have OV/Netflix working on at least 7 or 8 countries. How about the Good Old USA. I logged in with my User Name and Password and all I keep getting is "incorrect login and password".
    Any ideas on this one.
    Thanks in advance.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ministerk,
    I see where you have OV/Netflix working on at least 7 or 8 countries. How about the Good Old USA. I logged in with my User Name and Password and all I keep getting is "incorrect login and password".
    Any ideas on this one.
    Thanks in advance.
    The login handling is the most difficult thing to get working correctly. But before I do any further investigation could you please check your credentials in mediaportal.xml that reside in %AllUsersProfile%\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal . Open in notepad and search for password. Also observe if there is any trailing spaces, they are going to be a part of the password.

Edit: This applies to your username also.
    Leading white spaces to

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    The only solution I can think of is that the browser player passes the mediaportal actions to the form, as it used to be

I guess we could do something with sending key presses (or similar), but it seems a bit fragile and I can't remember if the method gets hit if MediaPortal is set to suspend when not in focus. In fact, it sounds like the events being fired are the key presses in the browser (as that has focus) and the MediaPortal events aren't being triggered. It might be worth turning off the suspending of MediaPortal to see if it does trigger the action event.

I don't have much experience in this area, the only other person who may be able to help is @Brownard as he added in the remote handling for the BrowserHost.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It works with sending keypresses with WifiRemote(arrows, 'b' for stop, esc for back etc.). Then http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/system.windows.forms.sendkeys.sendwait.aspx is used so the keys are sent to the focused application.

However, one can get issues with replacing commands with the key presses if MediaPortal do not have focus. This happened to me on one HTPC that did not have MediaPortal always in focus, guess it was some other program that wanted to update something and therefore was brought in focus although MP had fullscreen display. Forced focus on MP and it works again. Sending commands in WifiRemote always work no matter if it has focus or not. So using sendkeys is only a workaround for my own usage.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Ministerk,
    Any ideas on this one.
    Thanks in advance.
    I tried the US Netflix service, borrowed a friends credentials and used Hola VPN. It was sloooow, but it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom