Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (1 Viewer)

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Thanks, I see that now. But it looks like Doug is using some kind of mouse click emulation, which isn't hitting the mark for me because I run 1920x1080.

Anyway, I just made my own emulated mouse click in Girder and I'm good.

I swear, it's beyond any and all comprehension why Netflix is completely ignoring HTPC users. This is without a doubt the most difficult time I've every had trying to integrate a program into an HTPC.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been a little busy this week with the new job (and LONG commute). Can you let me know what co-ordinates you used for the box when running at 1920x1080?

I tried to do some fancy math, but it looks like I'm going to just have to keep a table or make it part of the config.

Did the un-fullscreen work ok?

Thanks,
Doug

lifterus

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
In Girder, I use the "Left Click" command. The L Parameter is 786484. Not sure you'll be able to translate that.

Fullscreen works fine using F9 targeted to Mediaportal.exe.

FYI, I noticed there are additional buttons when watching a TV series. Previous and Next are there for changing episodes.

One thing I should mention. I read a quote from someone at NF about Media Center integration and all that. I think it was posted at netflixhacker.com. He said Watch Now will eventually use Silverlight, which could make our lives easier.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just tested out the updated version of the plugin and I must say I am very impressed. I love that you were able to get the Watch Now feature integrated into the plugin.

pyedog

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great plugin, and thanks for all of the work!

I do have one problem tho - I am using a Plasma display with a resolution of 852x480, and the bottom of the watch it now window gets cut off, which makes it tought to hit play, full screen, select episodes, etc.

I looked at the skin but didn't see how to resize/move up the browser window - but I don't really understand the skin stuff so that isn't a real surprise. What would I need to do in order to get the "now playing" browser window to display properly? I can rebuild the plugin if needed, but I don't know what I'd need to change.

Thanks for any advice/help!

-Jim

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Great plugin, and thanks for all of the work!

I do have one problem tho - I am using a Plasma display with a resolution of 852x480, and the bottom of the watch it now window gets cut off, which makes it tought to hit play, full screen, select episodes, etc.

I looked at the skin but didn't see how to resize/move up the browser window - but I don't really understand the skin stuff so that isn't a real surprise. What would I need to do in order to get the "now playing" browser window to display properly? I can rebuild the plugin if needed, but I don't know what I'd need to change.

Thanks for any advice/help!

-Jim

I'll have to take a look at this later this week. (I'm travelling right now).

Would people prefer to have this be intelligent, judging the size of the display and calculating or part of the config?

Right now I have people using the following resolutions:

TV Displays:
1920x1080
1280x720
852x480

Computer displays:
1024x768
800x600
1280x1024
1600x1200

Thanks,
Doug

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Thanks, I see that now. But it looks like Doug is using some kind of mouse click emulation, which isn't hitting the mark for me because I run 1920x1080.

I can't run 1920x1080 here.

Can you send me a screen shot of the screen when the "full screen" icon is shown. Hit "Print Screen" and then paste into any image editor.

Thanks,
Doug

Jduchow

Portal Member
October 18, 2007
Install Help!

I am installing the netflix plugin for the first time but I can't get it to work properly. When open the plugin from mediaportal I get the generic menu options but nothing when I select an option. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch,

Jamie

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
I am installing the netflix plugin for the first time but I can't get it to work properly. When open the plugin from mediaportal I get the generic menu options but nothing when I select an option. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks a bunch,

Jamie

Did you set the netflix IDs in the configuration? You need to set your netflix ID and the cookie as shown earlier in this thread.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom