Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (1 Viewer)

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Full screen fully working

Ok, I did some more tweaking on the full screen stuff.

This dll should make it work on all movies.

Please let me know if it is working ok. Sorry about the trailers, but Netflix has completely revamped the trailers and the WMP versions are gone.

Other new additions:
* Hit play when a play now movie is selected and it will begin playing without opening the other menu

The last thing I need to work on before making the "Official 2.0 RC1" build, is to complete the play now menu options.

I'm torn between having the fixed menu include all the Genre or let the user configure this.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Doug

Technec

Portal Member
March 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great work on reviving the Netflix plugin. I am still working on getting if functional but it seems to be downloading/buffering the movie as I type this. I was wondering, is their a plan to put a status bar for when the movie is buffering? I have no indication of how far the movie is from starting. This would be similar to what netflix provides when viewing a movie on their site and would prove to be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--Tech

Well, I have an update. I tried playing the movie and I hear sound in the background but no picture appears. I also use the Microsoft remote and after pressing the "i"/info button it does not go to full screen. I am using the Bluetwo Widescreen skin.

--Tech

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Great work on reviving the Netflix plugin. I am still working on getting if functional but it seems to be downloading/buffering the movie as I type this. I was wondering, is their a plan to put a status bar for when the movie is buffering? I have no indication of how far the movie is from starting. This would be similar to what netflix provides when viewing a movie on their site and would prove to be helpful.

--Tech

What you see on the screen is the same thing you would see on the screen if you were using your browser. It's actually using IE embedded in the application.

What resolution are you running?

The playnow window object is 500 pixels tall and offset by 145 pixels. As long as you are running at least 645 vertical resolution it should appear in it's entirety.

Well, I have an update. I tried playing the movie and I hear sound in the background but no picture appears. I also use the Microsoft remote and after pressing the "i"/info button it does not go to full screen. I am using the Bluetwo Widescreen skin.

--Tech

In the mediaportal setup, uncheck the box that says "Media Portal always on top" under general settings.

Also, are you running Mediaportal in fullscreen or windowed mode? What screen resolution are you using?

Can you PM me a copy of your mediaportal.xml file located in the c:\program files\team-mediaportal\mediaportal directory?

Thanks,
Doug

Technec

Portal Member
March 21, 2007
Home Country
Sorry for the late reply. I am running at 1024x768 and MP is loaded in fullscreen. I unchecked MP always on top but I still do not see any video. I do hear sound when the movie starts playing.

I will PM you a copy of the xml file you requested. I should also mention that I am using RC2. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you for the help.

--Tech

nerd1701

Portal Member
September 4, 2007
Sorry for the late reply. I am running at 1024x768 and MP is loaded in fullscreen. I unchecked MP always on top but I still do not see any video. I do hear sound when the movie starts playing.

I will PM you a copy of the xml file you requested. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you for the help.

--Tech

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Also, what OS version?

Thanks,
Doug

Technec

Portal Member
March 21, 2007
Home Country
I am using IE 7 with XP Pro SP2.

I might have just fixed it. As a matter of fact I did. It looks like their might be a bug in RC 2 to the effect of MP config does not save your selections or it reverts back to the default settings. With that said, it still had Always on Top selected. I unchecked it, saved the settings and I am good to go. Thank you for the quick replies. Keep up the great work Doug.

--Tech

lifterus

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Doug,

Thanks a million for bringing this back and making it work! I have a reason to use MP now.

I know one of the problems with this thing is that you can't browse "Watch Now" titles because NF doesn't provide an RSS feed. I found this website the other day that does:

http://netflixwatchnow.blogspot.com/

It maintains a RSS feed that lists every "Watch Now" title. I'm sure everyone would agree that it would be able to browse this list and play the movies from it (if that's even possible).

Quick question. You can enter fullscreen by hitting the info button on a MCE remote, right? I don't have one though. My remote emulates keystrokes. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will do this?

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
October 2, 2006
Central New York State
Home Country
Doug,

Quick question. You can enter fullscreen by hitting the info button on a MCE remote, right? I don't have one though. My remote emulates keystrokes. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will do this?

F9 should do the trick. You can set this to any key you want through MP Config. Simply navigate to General -> Keyboard shortcuts and scroll down to the F9 key (Function: Show Context menu).

lifterus

Portal Member
July 6, 2007
Thanks, I see that now. But it looks like Doug is using some kind of mouse click emulation, which isn't hitting the mark for me because I run 1920x1080.

Anyway, I just made my own emulated mouse click in Girder and I'm good.

I swear, it's beyond any and all comprehension why Netflix is completely ignoring HTPC users. This is without a doubt the most difficult time I've every had trying to integrate a program into an HTPC.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
Hi all! Man, it has been a long time. I am so glad to see someone has picked up this plugin where I left off. I have been gone for so long due to a lot of things including marriage and moving. Now that life is settling down, I am in the process of setting up my HTPC again and I can't wait to check out the progress of this plugin. Anyway, just wanted to say hey and thanks for keeping up development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom