Netflix Manager (Updated 02/10/07) (1 Viewer)

dirkoneill

December 29, 2006
What would be great is adding the new Streaming section from netflix to this plugin. Add another section called Watch Now and then that parse the list of available movies that you can watch over the web. When you choose to watch a movie, it would launch the web browser window with the movie set to stream in fullscreen.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What would be great is adding the new Streaming section from netflix to this plugin. Add another section called Watch Now and then that parse the list of available movies that you can watch over the web. When you choose to watch a movie, it would launch the web browser window with the movie set to stream in fullscreen.

I plan on adding this soon. Being able to search for Watch Now movies should be pretty easy to add as well as browse the top 25 Watchable. Browsing each genre and/or all Watchable may be difficult. The problem is that there is no RSS feed for these movies like with the DVDs. I would have to parse the actual page of watchable movies which wouldn't be to bad except they are not all displayed on the same page. You have to keep clicking next. I think I can implement a way to go to the next page in the plugin, but I'm not sure.

I would also like to check each movie for watch now while regular browsing but I may not do that until Netflix adds watch now to a majority of their movies.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
Just curious... how many people are actually using this plugin? There are a fair amount of downloads, but the discussion is pretty dead. I hope this means the plugin is working the way it should.

odedee

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
Installed it today and I like it a lot. It works very nicely.

I do have some feedback:
1. When I hit "trailer" on some of the films nothing happens - I don't even get the green circle showing something is being loaded. No idea why.
2. When the trailer ends the display stays blank, rather than returning to the previous screen. Hitting esc takes me back to the current queue, not to where I was (e.g. top 25 etc) so I have to navigate there again.
3. I use the blue wide skin, would be nice if it were available as well.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
1. When I hit "trailer" on some of the films nothing happens - I don't even get the green circle showing something is being loaded. No idea why.

Netflix has two kinds of trailers: WMP and flash. Only the WMP trailers work with this plugin. I have tried to get flash to play within MP, but haven't figured it out yet. The new version will only display the Play Trailer option for search results if there is a WMP trailer.

2. When the trailer ends the display stays blank, rather than returning to the previous screen. Hitting esc takes me back to the current queue, not to where I was (e.g. top 25 etc) so I have to navigate there again.

I am not sure how to fix this. I will look into it. You can also press stop to go back.

3. I use the blue wide skin, would be nice if it were available as well.

I use the Replicant skin and it should work for Blue 2 wide also. Here is the Replicant skin file.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
New version available!

02/10/07 Updates:
- search feature has been fixed to work with 0.2.2.0
- when browsing search results, Watch Now is available for movies that can be watched now
- selecting Watch Now will open IE and begin streaming
- when browsing search results, Watch Trailer is only available for movies with WMP trailers

I'm having issues submitting the new version, so here it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom