Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (1 Viewer)

Overlord

June 27, 2009
Home Country
How's it going with this plugin. Haven't heard from MightyPolo in a while.
The problem IanC listed above is still present ("Remote Server returned and Error (404) Not Found" when accessing TV Series), although they can be accessed from Instant Queue if you load it up. Fix would be much appreciated if available.

Otherwise using it daily and works fine.

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Not that I care personally, but when I signed up for a Netflix dev accounts the terms were that you cannot use Netflix or Flix in the name of your plugin. Take care to check this in case you get into trouble.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi still here.
Right now Iam working on webservice which allows us to se new choices to watch and genres later.
I think that next release will be next week.
Fixing problem with recommendations and using webservice..

Thanks for patience.
p.[DOUBLEPOST=1382271043][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not that I care personally, but when I signed up for a Netflix dev accounts the terms were that you cannot use Netflix or Flix in the name of your plugin. Take care to check this in case you get into trouble.
I didnt know that.
Thank you.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Hi Just uploaded 0.1.1.0 version.

Hope you enjoy.
Quick note:
There is new feature using my webservice. If you have any question or problems please contact me.

Also I placed plugin in to listing in download section, so you can rate it, if you like. (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/netflixalpha)

I hope you enjoy new choices to watch as much as I do.
Enjoy your day!
p.
btw: My dauhter was born on 27.8. that is why I was not always around. But work continues..

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    This may be a dumb question, but how do I exit the plugin back to MePo using remote control?

If I am using keyboard and I press the back arrow top left of the screen I get a script error.

And just so I understand, this is using an external silverlight player, am I correct?

Thanks!

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    This may be a dumb question, but how do I exit the plugin back to MePo using remote control?

If I am using keyboard and I press the back arrow top left of the screen I get a script error.

And just so I understand, this is using an external silverlight player, am I correct?

Thanks!
    Hi.
    It uses IE and silverlght, that is only way how to show Netflix content.
    Esc should close the player and if you have MCE (microsoft remote) back button or stop button should do the same,

It was discussed in this thread.
    p.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Stop on my Harmony doesn't work - I'll give esc a try when daughter has finished watching it :)

Excellent plugin, thanks!

oceanexplorer

Portal Member
    March 16, 2012
    Home Country
    I have been working on some new skins for the recently revived Mustayaluca skin and decided to create one for NetflixAlpha. Please find attached a zip, just extract this and copy of the Mustayaluca folder inside the mediaportal skins folder and click yes to merging:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin

Attached to this post are some screenshots. Please let me know your thoughts and any improvements you think that can be made?

Many thanks to MightyPolo for his hard work on this much needed plugin, loving the new version by the way. Is it possible to put a note on the download section of mediaportal to tell them to register at your webservice?

Paul

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
      screenshot1.jpg
      350 KB
    • screenshot2.jpg
      screenshot2.jpg
      432.2 KB
    • mustayaluca.zip
      893.6 KB

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    I have been working on some new skins for the recently revived Mustayaluca skin and decided to create one for NetflixAlpha. Please find attached a zip, just extract this and copy of the Mustayaluca folder inside the mediaportal skins folder and click yes to merging:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin

Attached to this post are some screenshots. Please let me know your thoughts and any improvements you think that can be made?

Many thanks to MightyPolo for his hard work on this much needed plugin, loving the new version by the way. Is it possible to put a note on the download section of mediaportal to tell them to register at your webservice?

Paul
    Looks great!
    First post updated.

Thanks for hint, I will update plugin description in listing.
    p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom