Netflix plugin (NetflixAlpha) (1 Viewer)

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I've just installed a fresh copy of MP 1.4 and then the Netflix plugin (MPI file from first post on this thread) Although I'm based in Ireland - I'm using the US version of NF. When I first accessed MePo->NetflixAlpha->Recommendations->Breaking Bad It pulled back the Seasons and Episode info. But ever since then it just gives the error "Remote Server returned and Error (404) Not Found" when I click on Breaking Bad or any other Season/Episode type programs. Accessing movies works fine.

I couldn't see any errors in the logs. Is the plugin logging somewhere other than the default MePo logging directory?

Thanks

Ian
Hi Ianc.
Basicly it means that link to movie supplied in recommandations was not found on netflix site.
I have also noticed it during weekend and will look into it.

p.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
October 24, 2007
Home Country
Hi Ianc.
Basicly it means that link to movie supplied in recommandations was not found on netflix site.
I have also noticed it during weekend and will look into it.
Ok friends.
That is a bug, which will be fixed in next release.
From instant queue it should work fine.

p.

oceanexplorer

Portal Member
March 16, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone point me in the direction of getting the Window Id for this plugin? I'd like to move the link from the plugins menu into one of my main menus.

MightyPolo, thanks for creating this plugin, it fills a much needed feature gap in Mediaportal. It would be great at some stage if you might consider releasing the source code so others can contribute to it. I am a developer and would maybe able to assist in improving it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello, can anyone point me in the direction of getting the Window Id for this plugin? I'd like to move the link from the plugins menu into one of my main menus.

MightyPolo, thanks for creating this plugin, it fills a much needed feature gap in Mediaportal. It would be great at some stage if you might consider releasing the source code so others can contribute to it. I am a developer and would maybe able to assist in improving it.

Try 18764. You can find these ID's by opening an existing skinfile for the plugin you need to know. In this case; "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\netflixalpha.xml"

When you open the .xml file you will see the ID in one of the first rules.

Cheers.

MightyPolo

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2007
    Home Country

Hi.
    Code will be released after last set of features is implemented.
    Right now Iam working on ecternal webservice to enable viewing by genres ans see new items added to netflix catalog.

As to first question, not sure I understand.
    If you want the plugin to rest in top menu, just uncheck in plugins in mediaportal plugin configuration.
    Or is this connected to Titan skin?
    Have a good day!

ewiles

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just installed this plugin and the Titan skin files for it. I have a problem where I select a movie and the dialogue box comes up saying "I am done watching". I hear the movie playing in the background but can't see anything. Clicking the OK button for the dialogue popup stops the movie. Any ideas?

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just installed this plugin and the Titan skin files for it. I have a problem where I select a movie and the dialogue box comes up saying "I am done watching". I hear the movie playing in the background but can't see anything. Clicking the OK button for the dialogue popup stops the movie. Any ideas?

you have mediaportal set to be
    "always on top"
    you will need to disable this in the mediaportal settings
    after that you should only see that dialogue box when you exit netflix

ewiles

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

you have mediaportal set to be
    "always on top"
    you will need to disable this in the mediaportal settings
    after that you should only see that dialogue box when you exit netflix

I love quick and easy fixes. Thanks for the help! Awesome plugin BTW - this really makes MP an all-in-one solution for me.

Overlord

June 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Just wanted to say thanks for developing this great extension! Worked easily for me with Titan skins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom