MP2 - V2.1 Network shares are not expanding, setting share is not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The first Context Window is not centerd:

upload_2017-1-6_23-7-25.png

When using a network share it won't expand

upload_2017-1-6_22-50-53.png

Also in the explanation Text - therer seems something wrong:

upload_2017-1-6_22-52-38.png

When I tried to put in teh name manually I needed to siwtch some times backward and forth until I could use "Continue" (could not click it)

Bjut I coulodn't handle the networksource at all ... I would expect to put in via contect \\MediaDaten\moviez or put it in manually ... when I tried it with teh IP teh result was presented like this

upload_2017-1-6_23-2-6.png

so I was not able in any configuartion to make it work ...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The first Context Window is not centerd:
    It actually is. You are looking at a two column view with bottom line centered in the second column.

When using a network share it won't expand
    This dialogue is using Windows network environment information. If your shares are not visible and expandable in the network section of Explorer, you weont be able to set it up here either.

Also in the explanation Text - therer seems something wrong:
    You can fool the dialogue but invalid paths, I.e. not accessible via Explorer/network will not work

Bjut I coulodn't handle the networksource at all ... I would expect to put in via contect \\MediaDaten\moviez or put it in manually ...
    That is not possible. You need a correct network setup in terms of fully functional network environment.
    ]

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ahm - hä?

You intent to say that you need to map a networkshare locally to meke it visible to MP2? MP2 can't handle UNC paths? No - not really? I think your and my deffinion of a correct network setup are not the same.

I can see the network as it should be:

upload_2017-1-7_0-28-42.png

But MP2 can't. As these shares are on a nas there is no "sharing" option via Explorer. Of course I can map these but treally?

OK - I even gave it a try and map it locally... and still not visible:

upload_2017-1-7_0-33-28.png

upload_2017-1-7_0-34-16.png

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You intent to say that you need to map a networkshare locally to meke it visible to MP2?
    No, that's not what I am saying.

can't handle UNC paths?
    It can.

I can see the network as it should be:
    Did you enter the credentials (Servereinstellungen/Netzwerk-Zugangsdaten)?

Please reboot your client, try again and post logs? See Wiki on how to change log level for server.

P.S.: In the final it will be possible to switch from INFO to DEBUG level and back for both client and server from within the GUI.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs still in INFO mode.

What is that?
    [2017-01-07 10:55:27,709] [417345 ] [32 ] [WARN ] - NeighborhoodBrowserService: Found two computers with different HostNames but at least one identical IP-Address:
    [2017-01-07 10:55:27,713] [417349 ] [32 ] [WARN ] - NeighborhoodBrowserService: HostName: 'RT-AC68U', IP-Addresses 192.168.0.1
    [2017-01-07 10:55:27,714] [417349 ] [32 ] [WARN ] - NeighborhoodBrowserService: HostName: 'RT-AC68U-FA80', IP-Addresses 192.168.0.1
    [2017-01-07 10:55:27,714] [417350 ] [32 ] [WARN ] - NeighborhoodBrowserService: Discarding the second HostName and adding its IP-Addresses to the first host.
    Something wrong in your network environment. Did you assign fixed IPs?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    These are both the router I guess that's from the USB Media Interface - need to check this but anyway it is dicarded. As I can expand the Network in the Explorer MP should be able to see them too. Also - When I try to put the path in manually like \\mediadtaen\moviez (which I can access vie teh explorer) I get teh Dialog and it wont let me continue. On teh other hand i cant see the local mapped drive.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also - When I try to put the path in manually like \\mediadtaen\moviez (which I can access vie teh explorer) I get teh Dialog and it wont let me continue.
    The correct syntax is //mediadtaen\moviez

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I can expand the Network in the Explorer MP should be able to see them too.
    No, this is not the case. MP2 server is a service that is running under the local system account even if no user is logged in at all. Seeing something in Explorer (not a service it's a program running under a user account, probably even an admin account) did in no way mean it is visible for MP 2 server. For security reasons the local system account is not allowed to view SMB shares without credentials, only local attached drives. This is a Windows setting that can not be changed at all...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you tell me when you tried to define a path via Network environment. It is difficult to search when you have no idea about the time. Speaking of time:
    2017-01-07 23:30:47,824] [25708 ] [SetupTv ] [ERROR] -
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.27.10.6:31456
    Unless you are in Australia , this time is complete nonsense. Also the firewall doesn't allow access.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom