MP2 - V2.1 Network shares are not expanding, setting share is not working (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As long as you haven't entered the credentials in "settings > server settings" no network path is accessible from inside the MP 2 server as I explained some posts above. (And as written in the wiki too...)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    :censored: Argh ... Typo in the Username ...

So the conclusio ... Everything is working fine - if you find the settings you need - and you are not to lacy to check whe you have typed there :)whistle:)

May I suggest:
    - When using "Network share" there should be a drict link to the network credentials settings
    - If possible there shoudl be an option to vailidate - I guess the when the credentiakls are wrong / not there there is a entry in teh log so maybe there can be a info dialog "wrong credentials" if access is not working ((when you try to expand the Network environment?

THX to Lehmden - your post gave me the right direction :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As long as you haven't entered the credentials in "settings > server settings" no network path is accessible from inside the MP 2 server as I explained some posts above. (And as written in the wiki too...)
    Yeah . I have misses that one. But honestly - The setup should be interactive so the basic steps should be self explaining and everything above should be "Advanced".

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The whole settings area already is scheduled to be overworked in near future. It is not ideal as it is now. At the beginning only a very few settings are available but in meantime more and more settings are appearing so the general structure needs to be redone...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    With all respect. But this is what I told you very early in this thread.

I missed the sytax one (// for the instead of \\) - not the credentials one. The error why it still didn't show up was a type in the username which i missed yesterday and didn't check today.

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the same issue here: I do understand MP2 is using the local system account
    I understand also that local system needs the credential to access the share
    question is how can I provide these credentials?

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ...found it.. server setting...
    I thought it was somewhere close to media sources configuration, but server setting is the right place to look at...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom