New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusmann

Portal Pro
October 22, 2005
Check your PM's.

Please when sending messages use PM's unless the message has some value to the broader community.

This thread is less useful for people if they have to scan through lots of messages only of interest to you and me.

Could I have a copy to test please?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

The new foxtel channels are all live now - any word on support?

BTW I've been missing guide data for a month or so for Fox Sports 1/2/3 and Showtime (not showtime 2) plus a few others. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks again to Angusman for this awesome EPG solution :)

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    New foxtel channels....data is not yet available, possibly because of the weekend. Will keep checking but it should not take more than a few days.

Fox Sports 1/2/3 and Showtime....you're right, the data was missing because of a coding change. I just uploaded an update that should restore data to these channels.

"plus a few others" ..... please name them and I can fix ASAP. I don't have Foxtel so I can't easily see what is working and what is not.

The new update should happen automatically if you have auto-update enabled, otherwise a manual download is required. You should not need to change any of the program settings to restore the missing data....it should be automatic.

Hi Guys,

The new foxtel channels are all live now - any word on support?

BTW I've been missing guide data for a month or so for Fox Sports 1/2/3 and Showtime (not showtime 2) plus a few others. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks again to Angusman for this awesome EPG solution :)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    angusmann - you're awesome! I've updated and am running a new grab - will check what channels are still missing data and will give you an update :)

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    OK. the new channels have appeared, and have been added. The usual stuff about auto-update.

Did a total revision of Foxtel Digital and there were about 30 changes to the lineup, so if channels seem to disappear they may have been renamed or moved. The program will handle some of these changes intelligently and notify you of changes if it can ... but if it can't you may need to adjust your setup options to match the changes.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Anyone got an updated list of Foxtel channels they'd be keen to export and share?? Seems like a only one of us should have to go through the pain...!!! (I'll start working on it and if I finish before anyone else responds I'll post mine...!)

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    If you mean to share the task of selecting and renaming channels, then copying gdigger.ini from the program folder should do the trick. You can open it with notepad for editing, but it's safer and less prone to error if you do it via guidedigger setup.

Anyone got an updated list of Foxtel channels they'd be keen to export and share?? Seems like a only one of us should have to go through the pain...!!! (I'll start working on it and if I finish before anyone else responds I'll post mine...!)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi again,

So - firstly - if anyone wants it, attached is my export list of channels including Foxtel and Sydney Digital (not sure if it's 100% accurate but it may help someone!)

As of now I don't have any EPG data on the following channels:

Showtime great, playhouse, Cbeebies, Lifestyle +2, Showtime +2, Movie 1 +2, fox sports hd, espn hd, style network, fuel, Channel V (and +2), 111 hits, Fox 8+2, arena + 2, fox classics (and +2), National Geo HD, Discovery, national geo, crime.

Not sure if this is me or not but I've upgraded to the latest version and I've done all the mappings correctly (I think)!.

Please let me know if you need more information or if there's anything I should try.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• export.xml
      30.6 KB

angusmann

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2005
    For what it's worth I can confirm that data is available for Nat Geo HD, Playhouse Disney, Cbeebies, Lifestyle+2, discovery, crime and ivestigation, fuel TV and 111hits. I stopped checking after they all seemed to work.

Showtime Greats no longer broadcasts so there is no data for it .. I will take it off the list in the next update.

Try deleting all the files in the "data" folder of guidedigger that are less than 1k in size. This will clear out empty listings.

I don't use MP and I don't understand mapping, but I suspect this is the reason you don't seem to have the data. Have a look at the XML that GuideDigger creates (open it with a web browser) and you can search for the channels you suspect are not getting data. If you find program data there, then GD is doing it's job and the problem lies elsewhere.

Hi again,

So - firstly - if anyone wants it, attached is my export list of channels including Foxtel and Sydney Digital (not sure if it's 100% accurate but it may help someone!)

As of now I don't have any EPG data on the following channels:

Showtime great, playhouse, Cbeebies, Lifestyle +2, Showtime +2, Movie 1 +2, fox sports hd, espn hd, style network, fuel, Channel V (and +2), 111 hits, Fox 8+2, arena + 2, fox classics (and +2), National Geo HD, Discovery, national geo, crime.

Not sure if this is me or not but I've upgraded to the latest version and I've done all the mappings correctly (I think)!.

Please let me know if you need more information or if there's anything I should try.

Thanks again.

eivind

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    FTP turned off after update?

Angusmann, just wondering, does the program turn off the FTP download option when it updates itself? Seems I turn it on, and then next time it runs the option is off, and it takes ages to do scraping instead of downloading.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom