New Australian TV guide source (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
thanks for PMing the details yesterday angusmann.

turns out i had a problem with my arial/MP installation, now that i've resolved those, i'm able to get the EPG data natively through MP.

cheers anyway,

dh.

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Cheers for the copy angusmann.

I have it all up and running, have to say that it is the best XMLTV grabber that I have used thus far. Seems to pull about a weeks worth of Tasmanian program data at a time which is much better than what I am used to. As a result, I can resort to grabbing channels twice a week instead of practically everyday.

One suggestion that I may of missed, I had to trawl through the thread to find out how to add this as a task in task scheduler. Creating the task is easy enough, just the .tkn argument bit was a bit difficult to grasp at first until I read the relevant posts. Perhaps the readme file can provide a slightly more detailed explanation? Not a big issue though, anyone that is slightly resourceful will find all the information they need in this thread.

Last thing I noticed, for the Tasmanian channels, there are no HD channel listings for ABC, SBS, WIN or SCTV eg, there is no WIN HD, ABC HD, SCTV HD, etc. There is however 7TWO, ONE HD, GO etc. So all the channels are there. This isn't a problem for me as I have never witnessed any of the HD channels airing anything other than what is being broadcasted on their SD counterparts. This is preferable for me anyway as it means that it cuts the grabbing time in half as there is no point downloading two sets of channel listings (SD & HD) if they have exactly the same schedule.

Great program, I love it. It is going to become one of the essentials for me.

thepope

April 25, 2010
Home Country
HI Angusmann, guidedigger is a fantastic application, have been using it for a little while and it runs seamlessly.

I am trying to setup advanced recording schedules in "for the record" using the guide data from guidedigger software. BTW those who want to know, i found out that the xml file from guide digger should be dropped into "c:\Program files\For The Record\Services\XMLTV" for it to work.

For the record has an option for skip repeats when scheduling recordings, however it doesn't seem to function with the guidedigger xml. ( I may be incorrect as I don't have much experience with 4tr, if anyone knows if this skip repeat function works let me know what I am doing wrong.)
I searched the XML file output from guidedigger for the term "rpt" or "repeat" and i couldn't find anything in the XML file.

When GD grabs program information is there a field for repeats it is grabbing?if not, is this something "grabbable"?

Cheers :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear Community

Sadly we have been notified by a family member, that Angus Mann passed away on 6 May 2010.

Our condolences go to his family and friends, I'm sure he is being sorrowfully missed by both them and our members he helped alike.

We have no choice but to close this thread, and thank Angus posthumously for his past work,

Regards as always

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom