New client (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Litte update:

New reusable controls (can be used by mediaPrime and all Plugins): Tile Button, Dialog Window, Menu Control

Video Update:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To sad that you don't put all that knowledge int mp :) but your client can get a great alternative! I teally like the mp1 epg, I'm already eager how yours will look like. With the MP2 one I'm not so happy, but I can't do it better :D

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A lot of new controls and improvments: MPMenu, MPSideMenu, MPListBox, MPListBoxItem, MPMenuITem, MPMenuItemSeparator, MPMenuHeaderItem, MPTileButton, MPCheckBox, MPContentLoadAnimation and MPDialog.

In this video you will see all those controls, loading a plugin ("System" is a plugin) and loading/changing settings of mediaPrime and a plugin ("TV). The settings menu is a central place for all settings of mediaPrime and all plugins. The UI is generated dynamically. A plugin defines which settings (localized name, type, localized group name, scope [internal, standard, advanced], etc.) are available and the settings menu generates the neccessary controls.

After finishing the "System" plugin (Settings, managing plugins [install, uninstall, download from store, etc.], updates for plugins and mediaPrime) the main work begins: Developing the main plugins (TV, Pictures, Movies, etc.)

Watch on YouTube to see it in FullHD!

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! :)

I'm so sorry, that I hadn't more time within the past months, so I didn't check in any newer version.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, after a very long time, I continued the work :)

I am still working on the framework, but I almost reached a point where the TV plugin can be used. Maybe 1-2 weeks left until the TV plugin can show the TV stream, Channellist and EPG data :)

I also changed the general term "Plugin" (which stood for Plugins, BackgroundPlugins and SidePlugins) to "Extensions", because beside Plugins, BackgroundPlugins and SidePlugins a new type was added: Addons. An Addon is a Plugin specific extension. For example the user will be able to install Channel Logos or different TV Server Providers as an Addon for the TV Plugin. The integrated Extensions Store ("App Store") will know those dependencies.

By the way: "TV Server Providers" are also new. Like everything else in mediaPrime, also the TV Plugin is modular. So instead of only hard coded support of MediaPortal TV Server, also other TV Servers (e.g. Argus TV, etc.) can be supported, because each TV Server Provider is in its own DLL (Addon) which will be loaded by the TV Plugin depending on which TV Server Provider is selected by the user in the settings dialog.

The default TV Server Provider will be MediaPortal TV Server. I also developed a MediaPortal TV Server Plugin which uses WCF to communicate with my TV Server Provider and TV Plugin.

As shown in the past, mediaPrime will have a global integrated settings dialog for mediaPrime and all Plugins. Default settings types like string, bool, int, enum, etc. are built-in, so the developer don't have to build own settings dialogs, controls, etc. But sometimes you need a setting of a different custom type OR the available values are not known at design time (e.g. the setting which selects the prefered TV Server Provider has to list the installed TV Server Providers at runtime). For such scenarios I added the possibility to add custom settings dialogs / controls, which also are shown in the global settings area. This fits to the main features of mediaPrime: Even a noob will be able to use mediaPrime and you will NEVER (!) need a mouse or keyboard! All settings, all updates, all extensions installations and even if mediaPrime crash and has to restart, everyting can be done by remote control! :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Snoopy, you do an big project alone ...
    why don't think to contribute for MP2 ? it can do what you want. and i think your idea are welcome on MP2.

it's what i mean, when i read this project, but it's your hobby, i can only congratulate you, for your work. we do few big change on MP2 this month,
    but @morpheus_xx @FreakyJ @Lehmden
    can expose you, their work.

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am really liking this design, keep up the awesome work, I will defiantly be checking your code out and see if I can understand it enough to help.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, it's going faster than I thought :D Channel List is showing the channels from MediaPortal TV Server, next step is to show the stream after selecting a channel. So only one hour of work left and then I will be able to test TV playback on my main HTPC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom