New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yes it is working very well, passed the WAF test with flying colours.

Thanks Tourettes.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Nice to hear that it's working for you guys... still some issues to be solved...

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice to hear that it's working for you guys... still some issues to be solved...

About the timeout:
    Some subtitles dosn't stay very long. If a subtitle is showing a long sentence sometimes the subtitle disappear before the the spoken sentence is finished. It's a little bit anoying. I believe that the problem only occurs when there's no following subtitle. (sorry my english is not that good - hope i can explain the problem correctly)

/Nyll

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

About the timeout:
    Some subtitles dosn't stay very long. If a subtitle is showing a long sentence sometimes the subtitle disappear before the the spoken sentence is finished. It's a little bit anoying. I believe that the problem only occurs when there's no following subtitle. (sorry my english is not that good - hope i can explain the problem correctly)

That's on my todo list, but I have decided to wait until all TsReader and subtitle filter issues has been solved.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    About the timeout:

/Nyll

We could "fix" it by having all the subtitles on screen for a longer time. But then it looks weird when one word is spoken and the scene changes. Currently the subtitles are removed after 5 s (applies only in regions where broadcasters are not assigning reasonable time-out values).

I think 5 s is reasonable, but what do you (danish and maybe others affected) say? Is there a demand for a custom build with longer time-outs?

Regards
    Seidelin

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I think 5 s is reasonable, but what do you (danish and maybe others affected) say? Is there a demand for a custom build with longer time-outs?

Regards
    Seidelin

Surely I can live with it - no problem. It only occurs when the long sentence is not followed by another sentence. Its not very often. I agree that its also anoying when the subtitle is hanging there a long time after the sentence has finished. Maybe 6 seconds is better? But no longer than 6 sec. I believe.

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have compiled a 6 second timeout version of tourettes v5. Only difference in source code is a 5 changed to a 6.

http://seidelindam.dk/DVBSub2_v5_6_second_timeout.zip

If you feel 6 seconds is preferable you can replace the dvbsub2.ax from tourettes v5 release with the one supplied here.

Regards
    Seidelin

Thanks Seidelin!

This is perfect for me. Now the subtitles don't disappear before the spoken sentence is finished, but they also don't stay longer than the spoken sentence (if its a long sentence). I don't mind the subtitles are showing on the screen for 6 seconds. On the other hand i think that 7 seconds are to long.

/Nyll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom