New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could you test the subtitle delay issue (after pause & seeking) with following MP core.dll?

Pausing works! Seeking still causes delay.

Thanks... so they must be coming from the different issues then. The pause issue seemed to come from the fact that MP was not too "snappy" at updating the playback position.

I'll try to find the cause for the seeking issue. Unfortunately it's much harder as pausing was easy to testi with MP & VLC running simultaneuos, but getting both players to seek to same point is almost impossible :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Seidelin, could you this attached TsReader.ax? I disabled some video & audio related timestamp compensation. Hopefully it helps in the seeking delay. If it helps then I have to adjust the delay inside the subtitle filter according to the video delay...

Please don't use this filter version to anything else as the change I did will most likely introduce some issues.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seidelin, could you this attached TsReader.ax? I disabled some video & audio related timestamp compensation. Hopefully it helps in the seeking delay. If it helps then I have to adjust the delay inside the subtitle filter according to the video delay...

Please don't use this filter version to anything else as the change I did will most likely introduce some issues.

It solved the issue.

Regards
    Seidelin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    First post update. Version 5 available.

- Fixed pausing playback causing the subtitle timing to go off
    - Fixed seeking causing the subtitle timing to go off
    - Fixed channel changing was not resetting the subtitle cache on MP side (subtitles could be displayed on wrong channel)
    - Adjusted the maximum subtitle timeout (now it's 5 seconds)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

- Fixed channel changing was not resetting the subtitle cache on MP side (subtitles could be displayed on wrong channel)

Multi-seat works flawlessly. Tested for many hours. Single seat shows an issue with freezing subtitle, and subtitles not showing for some time or until a seek is performed. Subtitle timing is perfect.

Logs attached.

Regards
    Seidelin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Multi-seat works flawlessly. Tested for many hours. Single seat shows an issue with freezing subtitle, and subtitles not showing for some time or until a seek is performed. Subtitle timing is perfect.

Looks like MP side (SubtitleRenderer.cs) is for some reason not clearing the subtitles...

2007-08-19 01:17:58.687500 [Debug][18]: SubtitleRenderer: Subtitle added, now have 2 subtitles in cache
    2007-08-19 01:02:04.125000 [Debug][18]: SubtitleRenderer: Subtitle added, now have 166 subtitles in cache

Dunno why it happens. Maybe Ziphnor has some good guesses? :) :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ...next SVN MediaPortal build should contain some more debug info... Please try to reproduce the issue with it.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Looks like MP side (SubtitleRenderer.cs) is for some reason not clearing the subtitles...

2007-08-19 01:17:58.687500 [Debug][18]: SubtitleRenderer: Subtitle added, now have 2 subtitles in cache
    2007-08-19 01:02:04.125000 [Debug][18]: SubtitleRenderer: Subtitle added, now have 166 subtitles in cache

Dunno why it happens. Maybe Ziphnor has some good guesses? :)

If the same subtitle is displayed (ie frozen) for ever the most obvious reason ( i suppose ) is confusion as to the current position in the file (or in the present time of the file subtitle, but judging from the log that looks ok ).

It might be a good idea to log player.CurrentPosition as subtitles are added to the cache to see what position the subtitle render believes is current.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Dunno why it happens. Maybe Ziphnor has some good guesses? :)

If the same subtitle is displayed (ie frozen) for ever the most obvious reason ( i suppose ) is confusion as to the current position in the file (or in the present time of the file subtitle, but judging from the log that looks ok ).

It might be a good idea to log player.CurrentPosition as subtitles are added to the cache to see what position the subtitle render believes is current.

...well, something like this? :D

public int OnSubtitle(ref SUBTITLE sub)
    {
    Log.Debug("OnSubtitle - current position " +player.CurrentPosition);

...that was the debug logging that I added. My assumption is that the current position skips backwards in the TsReader for some odd reason. So this could be related to the seeking issues I and other people are seen with TsReader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom