New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    One more bug-report:

When viewing TV and pausing for ~10 minutes or more the playback fails to resume correctly. Logs attached. Note: Program did not contain subtitles.

Regards
    Seidelin

accolon

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    I couldn't find SVN 15294 anywhere? Where can I download that SVN? Or do you guys get the subs to work on later SVNs aswell??

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I couldn't find SVN 15294 anywhere? Where can I download that SVN? Or do you guys get the subs to work on later SVNs aswell??

I use SVN 15291. The only changes to SVN 15294 are changes related to dvsub2.ax and tsreader.ax - which are the files you manually update when activating dvb subtitles. I guess you can also use a more recent SVN, but don't blame me if it doesn't work.

Tonight I've been watching a couple of live broadcasts and recordings, and I sometimes get garbled frames (looks like bad reception, but it is not), it lasts many seconds and are typically not seen when seeking back and watching the part again. I guess there is some kind of data corruption going on related to the subtitle filter. I will try to reproduce it and get some log files. Also, i've noticed that sometimes after seeking the subtitles are severely delayed (many seconds) - fixed by seeking again.

Regards
    Seidelin

accolon

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Not working for me

I'm currently using the newest SVNs for booth Mediaportal and the Tv Server. But I can't get it working. Are u supposed to do anything in program or in the configuration to start the subs?

I'm posting my dvbsub log aswell from when I started the tv waching a channel I know have subs!

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I have tried to register the new subtitle filter, but now Mediaportal won't work. I have followed the instruction, but now I get this exception log:

ExceptionType: System.ArgumentException
    Message: Værdien falder ikke inden for det forventede område.
    Source: mscorlib

Stack trace:
    ved System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IRunningObjectTable.Revoke(Int32 dwRegister)
    ved DirectShowLib.DsROTEntry.Dispose()
    ved DirectShowLib.DsROTEntry.Finalize()

Any suggestions?

/Nyll

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - my mistake. I haven't noticed, that the subtitle entry was already made in Mediaportal.xml.

Have tested the subtitle filter now but like other have experienced it hangs when switching channels. The timing seems to work fine though.

/Nyll

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for all the effort you guys are putting into making this work.
    I tried that file and didn't see any subs either, going to move over to Vista permanently this week.

Worth waiting for the 2.3 non RC? Or is it some way away still?

I would assume that final 0.2.3.0 release isn't going to include the DVB subtitle support (the filter is still too untested at the moment...)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    First of all. Great work tourettes, it is much appreciated (wife misses subtitles, as even she is almost exclusively using MP for TV-viewing).

Thanks for testing.

I have two bugs to report (maybe related). Both are seen on live TV.

1:
    MP sometimes hangs when stopping live tv. ("logs dvbsub2.zip")

If I remember correctly there were some fixes in TsReader (related to stopping) that Frodo made just before I did go abroad (Croatia). I'll try to create a new (updated) version of modified TsReader in coming days. Let's see f it fixes this issue.

2:
    Sometimes MP hangs when I change channels. In this instance it is channelchange to channel in same mux, but it also happens when changing channels from DVB-T to DVB-C. ("Channel change crash.zip")

Haven't seen this to happen so let's see if the TsReader fixes have also something that could be helping with this issue.

Additionally seeking seems to be broken, but you already know that?

Seeking was working ok for me (but after I merged latest TsReader source codes it got broken). So there is something fishy (most likely in the TsReader changes that I have made). I'll try to fix that seeking to the next version for me and the you can test if it's fixing the seeking issue you are seeing.

Multi-seat is not supposed to work with subtitles. Is that correct?

It should work. A least it did work for me :D TsReader is used also in multiseat environments and DVB subtitle filter isn't seeing any difference between single / multiseat.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi

I have tried to register the new subtitle filter, but now Mediaportal won't work. I have followed the instruction, but now I get this exception log:

ExceptionType: System.ArgumentException
    Message: Værdien falder ikke inden for det forventede område.
    Source: mscorlib

Stack trace:
    ved System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IRunningObjectTable.Revoke(Int32 dwRegister)
    ved DirectShowLib.DsROTEntry.Dispose()
    ved DirectShowLib.DsROTEntry.Finalize()

Any suggestions?

/Nyll

----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - my mistake. I haven't noticed, that the subtitle entry was already made in Mediaportal.xml.

Have tested the subtitle filter now but like other have experienced it hangs when switching channels. The timing seems to work fine though.

/Nyll

Good to hear that the timing is working as it was the main issue with the previous filter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom