New DVB subtitle filter (TsReader based) (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just tried the latest version 5 - and it just plain rocks hard.

Watched 10 mins of jack bauer on danish TV (dvb-t).

I did not see any timing problems, rendering problems etc etc.
    All was nice and dandy.

Congrats on a good job.

/Gibman

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have experienced glips of subs after some testing. Subs returns after seeking.

Could you please post the logs? Otherwise the information is not useful at all. It could be that you have encoutered the timeshifting files rollover bug in TsReader. It's currently known issue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Nice to hear that it's working for you guys... still some issues to be solved...

About the timeout:
    Some subtitles dosn't stay very long. If a subtitle is showing a long sentence sometimes the subtitle disappear before the the spoken sentence is finished. It's a little bit anoying. I believe that the problem only occurs when there's no following subtitle. (sorry my english is not that good - hope i can explain the problem correctly)

That's on my todo list, but I have decided to wait until all TsReader and subtitle filter issues has been solved.

This has been now implemented in the filter's version 6. I have been unable to fix the TsReader related issues so I decided to improve the filter a little bit.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Version 6:
    Changes are based on SVN revision: 15713
    http://day2.no-ip.org/TsReader_DVBSub2_v6.zip

- Improved subtitle timeout behaviour. Filter now uses empty page composition pages if available in the stream
    - Improved alpha channel handling
    - Fixed subtitles being too wide sometimes
    - Adjusted the maximum subtitle timeout (now it's 6 seconds)

Really good work tourettes, I love the perfect timeout and alpha blending (see through subtitles).

But there is one new issue, unfortunately.

Before when watching a 4:3 show the subtitles would be stretched to be too large. This is fixed now.
    However, now, when watching a 16:9 show the subtitles are too narrow.

The 1280x720 screenshots are with v5 of the filter/MP, and the 1920x1200 screenshots are done with v6.
    Edit: On my CRT (720x576) both 4:3 and 16:9 shows look perfect (AR=Stretch and adjusted between 4:3 and 16:9 on TV).

All tests are done with SVN 15720 (except for the v5 comparison tests of course).

Regards
    Seidelin

KimBOlesen

Portal Member
    September 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I been installing MediaPortalserver, SQL, and finally every thing working, only Subtitles isnt working. Think it is the unreg of TSReader.ax.

This i what i did so far.
    Copied the 2 files from "Version6" to c:\DVBtest dir. placed the empty file in c:\ and edited the mediaportal.xml. Then i did a seach to find current TSReader.ax..

Where is the TSReader.ax file located ? and is it correct that i can find two, one in Mediaportalserver and the other in mediaportal. and ofcource a third file in DVBtest dir.

which files do i unreg with "regsvr32 /u" ?

Best regards Kim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom