new feature settings (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe I'm missing something but I can't find where to enable/disable some of the new features (function names from memory): 'rounded edges', 'show viewed status on cover' and 'last added'. The options are given when installing the skin, but can't be edited afterwards?

I'm looking at aligning the different client setups, of course I could uninstall and re-install.

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply. I had not seen this on the screen shots, but I have been looking there without finding it, don't know why.

However this brings up a new problem; last time I looked at skin settings it worked fine, that is how I updated, now (after the last update) I get a black screen with nothing but "Missing or invalid file:". And that on all three clients.

Is that a new bug? I will uninstall and re-install to see if that fixes the issue, but I can only do that the weekend.

VdR

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It might be related to a bug we found in our plugin. We fixed it in v1.3.1. You could try install that first.

Conditions we fixed for that bug was if you didnt have movingpictures installed or you did not have any recently added episodes in TVSeries (from gui import).

Basically the whole plugin didnt even initialize, so Skin settings would not work or anything streamedmp related for that matter like recently added, updates etc.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did try to re-install meanwhile. But I installed 1.3.0. I wasn't aware of a version 1.3.1 and will try that the weekend. In my ignorance I beleived that I was getting the updates through updating.

After un-install (without clearing the settings) and re-install (1.3.0), skin settings was available again but not the options for 'rounded images' and 'viewed status'. After update, settings was no longer available (missing or invalid ...). Maybe a problem with running the latest update on version 1.3.0 only.

Brilliant skin! I will persist.

VdR

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, its the latest update patch where the problem was introduced. Just out of curiousity can you attach your mediaportal.log, streamedmpconfig.log and error.log so we can confirm your problem.

We are still supporting 1.3.0 in patches along with 1.3.1 so you were not ignorant :) just haven't got around to pushing out a patch yet. Basically the next patch will be compatible with both and will bring the 1.3.0 version up to speed.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Certainly.

Full MP logs attached (start MP, change to full home, select settings, select skin (problem), return to basic home, exit).

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you!

:D

I have meanwhile updated to 1.3.1 and indeed all works fine, including the settings for the new features. I will update the production clients this weekend.

Is it special circumstances, or will everybody that updates 1.3.0 lose access to the skin settings page? When that happens is there another way to update than uninstall re-install? Not that that is a big issue.

VdR

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's special circumstances...It will of happen in the following scenarios

1. You dont have MovingPictures installed.

2. You dont have Recently Added TVSeries via Info Service plugin.

You were effected by 2) as you didnt even have tvseries installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom