new german string.xml (1 Viewer)

P

pReya

fred
Ich finde in dem Fall sollte man die immer groß schreiben, ansonsten wirkt es einfach total Fehl am Platz!

Mundart-Strings wären geil ;)

flixbix

Portal Member
October 30, 2004
@pReya & fredflintstone:

Back to English: I like the upper and lower writting. When I installed MP and used it for the first times, I often tried to program a recording by selecting the "Aufnehmen"-entry. Now "Programm" ist written in upper letters and "aufnehmen" is written in lower letters - so I think for MP-newbies it should be much easier to come along with the MP. I like the different writtings.

Bye, Felix

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
flixbix said:
@pReya & fredflintstone:

Back to English: I like the upper and lower writting. When I installed MP and used it for the first times, I often tried to program a recording by selecting the "Aufnehmen"-entry. Now "Programm" ist written in upper letters and "aufnehmen" is written in lower letters - so I think for MP-newbies it should be much easier to come along with the MP. I like the different writtings.

Bye, Felix

flixbix, thanks for your compliments and your compliance to the old german spelling :wink:

@pReya: In the next month I'll try to make a hessisch dialect version, you could use if you don't like upper and lower cases :D

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
September 7, 2004
Germany
fred

these are buttons and not a book about german spelling!
i preferr 'Aufnehmen' instead of 'aufnehmen'. Take a look at other gui's. They write 'Aktualisieren' and not 'aktualisieren'.

the butcher

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    butcherBoy said:
    @fred

i preferr 'Aufnehmen' instead of 'aufnehmen'. Take a look at other gui's. They write 'Aktualisieren' and not 'aktualisieren'.

the butcher

Totally agree. The buttons are a list of actions and should be written in upper case.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Olodin said:
    butcherBoy said:
    @fred

the butcher

Totally agree. The buttons are a list of actions and should be written in upper case.

Then you can change it, when you need it. It's diffucult to do it right for everybody, because some like it and some not. I'll like this, you can change this :wink: or use another strngs.xml

merci1983

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2004
    Near Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there should only be one strings.xml.

I don´t think that is very good to have change such things after install and setup. For me it´s no problem to change the strings.xml and put my personal fonts (MCE 1 fontsize larger for watching on tv and i hate "Kacheln" :lol:). But i think for people who use MP the first time it is very uncomfortabel.

The problem is that all people have to agree to your meaning because your strings.xml in in the cvs - so i think you shoud perhaps start in poll here or in the german forum.

But how i told - for me it is not important, but perhaps for the community.

cu
    merci

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom