New Hauppauge DVB-T drivers released (1 Viewer)

D

dm15644

In other words, as of today there's no good solution besides pvr-scheduler? Maybe the developers of Power Scheduler have some comments on this ...

Thanks anyway for the info

/jayrock

D

dm15644

Hm, reinstalled the new drivers, now most things work fine besides that my system doesn't shutwdown properly anymore. Both with shutdown by powerscheduler and via the XP Start button. When trying to shutdonw you still see the desktop and the mouse cursor, but it cannot be moved anymore and the system doesn't react whatsoever. Only way out is to press the reset button.

I believe it's related to the TV card because if I deactivate it in the XP hardware profile the system shuts down fine. Any ideas how I can solve this?

(Still don't know if I get the "cannot create graph" message after hibernation, because it doesn't hibernate any more.....)

/jayrock

D

dm15644

Run HCWCLEAR and remove drivers and reboot, then reinstall driver after waiting for XP to fully load.

That's acutally what I did. Removing the drivers with HCWCLEAR, rebooting, then when the "new hardware found" wizard appears I chose the location of the new drivers. Did I miss anything?

Cheers

jayrock

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is ther any prog running (check Taskmaster) that could be locking onto the tuners, haupauge, MP, TVE3 etc that could be stopping shutdown.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Try to roll back drivers from the System Manager. If the problem is the new driver, this will fix it.

robomonkey

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    This may or may not be related.

I used to have a Dvico Dual and whenever I tried TV3 it'd detect the cards ok, but then if I un-installed TV3 and restored my MP directory back to TV2 I could never get MP to re-dectect the cards, it'd always return "cannot build graph".

Un-installing \ re-installing the Dvico drivers never solved the problem, nor did swapping PCI ports, the only way was to restore an earlier image before the cards were added to TV3 config.

I've now got a Nova 500 and after trying TV3 at the weekend experienced the same problem, this isn't an issue for me as I always take Acronis images before any upgrades.

I certianly don't want to cast any un-warranted dispersions on TV3 because I thinks its going to be great, but this happens to my setup everytime TV3 is installed without fail.

D

dm15644

Try to roll back drivers from the System Manager. If the problem is the new driver, this will fix it.

Just for completenesss, this worked. Would be bad if it didn't.....

Did anyone check if the "cannot create graph after hibernation" issue also occurs with TV Enging 3?

Cheers

jayrock

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've now got a Nova 500 and after trying TV3 at the weekend experienced the same problem, this isn't an issue for me as I always take Acronis images before any upgrades

Nope not experiencing that one here, Have reverted to TVE2 no problems. all settings are still there, when uninstall of TVE3 + Plugin. (Do not delete in MP setup\TV\capturecards).

Did anyone check if the "cannot create graph after hibernation" issue also occurs with TV Enging 3

Yes after standby\hibernate cannot connect to card (tried Both) and also tried using powerscheduler for recording, failed with card error.

D

dm15644

I have spotted another issue with new drivers: After installing them, my system wouldn't shutdown/standby/hibernate anymore. It went to the "last" screen before the machine normally would power off (or, when hibernating, write to disk starts), that is a plain background with the mouse cursor at its last position.

I identified the IR driver as the problem. This one is found in Control Panel/System/Device Manager/HID Input Devices. I have no clue why, but this device cannot be disabled, just uninstalled. When uninstalling this one the system would shutdown *once*. Unfortunately, during the next startup, the device is installed again automatically, no way to avoid this (?).... thus again no shutdown.

More bad news: HCWCLEAR doesn't remove the IR driver. So, even if you try to remove the new Hauppauge (TV) drivers and install older ones, the crappy IR driver is again installed. Lucky me, I went back to an old HD image.

To conclude, I've actually made bad experiences with the new drivers, and I haven't seen much positive feedback. For the time being I will stick with driver version 31f.

Cheers

jayrock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom