New Hauppauge DVB-T drivers released (1 Viewer)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Everything is possible with M$.
    Anything is also possible with shoddy third party software. I wouldn't be so quick to blame MS for another manufacturers drivers messing up parts of a system. This is especially tru when they are using the USB subsystem. I had an ADSL USB modem back in 2000 that cmae with a driver CD from my ISP that would completely confuse Windows 2000 forcing a re-install. a new CD arrived two days later :)

Sampo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Everything is possible with M$.
    Anything is also possible with shoddy third party software. I wouldn't be so quick to blame MS for another manufacturers drivers messing up parts of a system. This is especially tru when they are using the USB subsystem.

That's very good point!
    The reason why am I wondering that package is that I had already downloaded that hotfix much earlier.That I thought..I'm not sure,I have this one:
    Windows XP Hotfix - KB896626 v. 2.2.0 (checked with AIDA32).

And other reason: same version number 2.2.0. (Microsoft build 2005/03/25)in that new driver-package. So..What's the big news??
    So old hotfix in new update??

Bytheway I've noticed few "USB-things" more in my system after I had installed Nova T-500. I'm using only scanner and camera in USB-ports. Nova has something to do with USB? I'm too tired to think about that,anyway everything works enough well:)

Just go and click.Please be patient while ImageShack downloads.I didn't know if MP has room for images.

Midget_1990

January 25, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    ok guys,

something is amiss here.

why is MY mediaportal not able to use this card now after installing the new drivers. see my screengrabs from earlier. it seems that other users of the Nova-T 500 are still able to use it (specifically this card and not any other hauppauge card)

i need confirmation that other Nova-T 500 users can still use MP with no problems. after i updated the drivers i get the "unable to create graph" error when trying to add the card to MP in the config.

I have the same problem, did you fix it?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using the card with the latest drivers, MP version 0.2.2.0 + svn rev 12704

This is with TVE2, when installed, original cards were lost, and had to add new cards in tv config (do this before deleting old cards, otherwise channel order and anything else TV related will be lost).

Regards

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've just installed this driver for my HVR-900 via "Update driver" on the device manager. HcwClear is a bit overkill because it also uninstalls the drivers of the PVR-350 and every Hauppauge application installed.

Media Portal didn't complain and everything seems to be working as usual. Time will tell. Too bad there is no changelog :( .

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Have you noticed any difference with the new drivers

For use within MP, no apparent improvement for myself.

With its own software, have not a clue, because it so shit i avoid it like the plague.

Now if they could follow leadtek's example with winfast DTV software, which is good and very useable, worth having if you have a card the old version supports.

D

dm15644

I have the issue that after hibernation I get a "cannot create graph" error. Can be mitigated by restarting Media Portal. Seem to remember that other experience this also, but can't find the posts anymore.

Also installed the new Hauppauge drivers, hoping that this one gets solved, but it doesn't. Did anyone get this fixed?

Thank,

jayrock

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have the issue that after hibernation I get a "cannot create graph

It's the USB drivers not getting re-initialised quickly enough, that why a lot of people use pvr-scheduler, it restarts MP after resume, so the tuners have started up by the time MP fully loaded.

Just wish powerscheduler could do something similar, as reinit tuners is just not enough for some types of cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom