New Hauppauge DVB-T drivers released (1 Viewer)

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For my Nova-T500

Just ran HWClear.exe rebooted and reinstalled. Then deleted cards from MP, and re added.

(Does now show up as Nova DT 500

Channel scan works fine, although I haven't actually used the TV interface in MP yet.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Yes,same feeling here. But If anybody have little bit more time,it is possible to read new fixes from "Release notes",examply "ReleaseNotes DriverA2" in folder:

\cd-digital-33b\CD-Digital-33b\Drivers (That is for Nova DT 500).
    "ReleaseNotes DriverA2" is for the PVR-150/500

going by the 25e drivers i have installed on my HTPC, the Nova-T 500 drivers are in the Driver99 folder. There isn't a relaese note for that.

EDIT: And the file version for all the files in that folder are the same between 33b and 33c. hcw99bda.cat/.inf in the two archives are the same as well.

ariyanto

Portal Member
    November 8, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    Hi

The easy way just open downloaded folder and double click on HcwDriverInstall and it will automatically find and update the drivers and then just restart computer for them to work i have already done it and no need to retune MP and load the crap software either.

Sampo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi

The easy way just open downloaded folder and double click on HcwDriverInstall and it will automatically find and update the drivers and then just restart computer for them to work i have already done it and no need to retune MP and load the crap software either.

That´s true.I had made the job same way couple times in my old Nova-USB installation.It could really works,I think the reason for harder way to update drivers is that people don´t trust wery much to the hole M$ OS :confused:
    We don´t have Mac,but maybe we have enough motivation to work hard with M$.
    Life is not funny every day with this damn machine;)

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    ok guys,

something is amiss here.

why is MY mediaportal not able to use this card now after installing the new drivers. see my screengrabs from earlier. it seems that other users of the Nova-T 500 are still able to use it (specifically this card and not any other hauppauge card)

i need confirmation that other Nova-T 500 users can still use MP with no problems. after i updated the drivers i get the "unable to create graph" error when trying to add the card to MP in the config.

Sampo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Everything is possible with M$. I have installed and uninstall several softwares last few days,for DVB-watching and to edit records. Two days ago after these changes my Firefox and Thunderbird didn't work anymore.They didn't even start.
    Then I had to restore XP back to 9.1.2007 situation.Everything works again,exept some new softwares was gone offcourse.

Before that DVB-circus I haven't restore Windows for a long time,and usually it don't even works...
    Have you think about if your OS has too much hassle or the card is broken? I don't believe the card is..

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    the card was working fine before i installed the new drivers.
    however when i put the old drivers back on, MP STILL doesn't work.

Sampo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    the card was working fine before i installed the new drivers.
    however when i put the old drivers back on, MP STILL doesn't work.

Have you try to clean Your registers and dll:s. As you know there is many programs for it.I usually do it with old RegCleaner version 4.3(by Jouni Vuorio) and I'm satisfied for it,while it is so old and simple.Better too if I have an own harddisk for DVB-records but that is up to budget..

Sampo

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/dvb/cd-digital-33c.zip

I just start to download last released drivers again.Now the downloading speed is pretty high:eek: Maybe there is not so much traffic today..Lets see what happens when I'm gonna install these if there is some diffrence (don't believe).
    Here in Finland is snowing much now,finally! Had to go out and cleaning our roads and garden.

Download was very quickly,with topspeed of my line.

Only difference that I've noticed between version 33b and 33c is here,in this folder:
    \cd-digital-33c\CD-Digital-33c\MISC\QFE

damn M$ hotfix!!
    Could this be true?!

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896626
    Symptoms
    You may experience the following symptoms when a DirectShow TV tuner program is tuned to receive a Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) video stream on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP 2):
    • The TV tuner program stops responding.
    • The TV tuner program displays stuttering or corrupted video.

Cause
    This problem occurs if a table section in the Program Specific Information (PSI) table that is embedded in the digital TV signal stream exceeds 255 bytes. In this scenario, the Psisdecd.dll DirectShow component does not process the PSI table correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom