New MP1 skin test (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I really like the look you have now, it could be kinda cool to have a "sticker" on the album cover showing the codec. Just an idea for you to use should you think it'll fit in.

Emph

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I really like the look you have now, it could be kinda cool to have a "sticker" on the album cover showing the codec. Just an idea for you to use should you think it'll fit in.

Emph
    Like this:
    upload_2016-12-29_15-36-58.png

upload_2016-12-29_15-58-28.png

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Song number in Album
    Disc number in Album ...
    In the screenshot above, this information is not available. It can be configured to enable this information? Or is it not provided for.
    Yes available check latest screenshot
    Cool! The sound thingy in the bottom right is moving along with the music? Looks more in line with the theme now.
    May I suggest to swap the song title position and the album title position? So song title to top position and album to bottom position? I guess most users look for the song title, which would be more logical to find in the top position.
    Done and yes it moves with the music.

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey!
    Got a question. Cant seem to be able to add emulators 2 as a tile? Nowhere to be found. Can see it in extensions though. Neither am I able to have a plugins tile. Any ideas?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Hey!
    Got a question. Cant seem to be able to add emulators 2 as a tile? Nowhere to be found. Can see it in extensions though. Neither am I able to have a plugins tile. Any ideas?

Are you running the latest version ? If you are read a few posts back if you installed with pre release 1.16 then delete the Ares folder and install from the extension manager and that should get emulators etc showing in the list.
    As for a plugins tile that does not exist because every tile is a plugin tile ( of which there are 25 ), if you want to jump to unsupported plugins then you just switch to classic home.

CountZer0

Portal Pro
    March 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great! Solved my problem. =) is there any alternative tile designs or is it up to the community? Even though I like breaking bad.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Great! Solved my problem. =) is there any alternative tile designs or is it up to the community? Even though I like breaking bad.

Currently up to the community to post them up in the custom tiles thread while i focus on bug fixing and plugin support, you can create them yourself too though there is a template available in the Ares forum area and then you just drop the tiles in the relevant folder in Ares.
    Once people have posted up enough i will be making them available as packs to download.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/ares-skin-feedback.716/

mno

Portal Member
    September 7, 2018
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have just installed the ARES skin on my HTPC and I really like the Apollo theme. I just have some small issues that I could not solve by myself. I hope someone will help me.

1st.
    I added the plugin LATEST_MOVPICS1 and LATEST_MOVPICS2 with Info/F9 to the home screen. The screen displays the right picture, but nothing happens as soon as I click on one of these tiles. It would be nice if the displayed movie would start.
    I have the same problem with all other LATEST… plugins (LATEST_TVSERIES1/2 and LATEST_MYVIDS1/2).

2nd.
    It would also be great to create additional plugins to display and run the LATEST Music (e.g. LATEST_MUSIC1/2).

3rd.
    Could maybe someone also upload the missing xml files for the standard MP plugins Tetris and Sudoku? That would make my wife and me very happy again ;-) In the meantime, I used the mytetris.xml and mynumberplace.xml from the DefauldWideHD screen. However, they do not look very nice.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm running this skin now and it's very fast and sleek. However, there are no files for SubCentral. Is there a mod or files from another skin I could use for this?

Edit: Used the files from Apollo, works!

Emph

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom