New Music Database (2 Viewers)

mba

Portal Pro
September 16, 2005
Aarhus
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi hwahrmann

Will this new database enable me to handle multiple disc albums gracefully? What I mean is currently when an album contains eg 2 cds it is listed as
Album --->
1. Number 1 on cd 1.flac
1. Number 1 on cd 2.flac
2. Number 2 on cd 1.flac
2. Number 2 on cd 2.flac
3. Number 3 on cd 1.flac
3. Number 3 on cd 2.flac

and what I would like is

Album --->
CD 1 -->
1. Number 1 on cd 1.flac
2. Number 2 on cd 1.flac
3. Number 3 on cd 1.flac
CD 2 -->
1. Number 1 on cd 2.flac
2. Number 2 on cd 2.flac
3. Number 3 on cd 2.flac

by using a discnumber tag.

Kind regards
Martin Bang Andersen

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi hwahrmann

Will this new database enable me to handle multiple disc albums gracefully? What I mean is currently when an album contains eg 2 cds it is listed as
    Album --->
    1. Number 1 on cd 1.flac
    1. Number 1 on cd 2.flac
    2. Number 2 on cd 1.flac
    2. Number 2 on cd 2.flac
    3. Number 3 on cd 1.flac
    3. Number 3 on cd 2.flac

and what I would like is

Album --->
    CD 1 -->
    1. Number 1 on cd 1.flac
    2. Number 2 on cd 1.flac
    3. Number 3 on cd 1.flac
    CD 2 -->
    1. Number 1 on cd 2.flac
    2. Number 2 on cd 2.flac
    3. Number 3 on cd 2.flac

by using a discnumber tag.

Kind regards
    Martin Bang Andersen

yes, the discnumber will be prefixed. so you'll see:
    0101. Number 1 on cd 1.flac
    0102. Number 2 on cd 1.flac
    0103. Number 3 on cd 1.flac
    0201. Number 1 on cd 2.flac
    0202. Number 2 on cd 2.flac
    0203. Number 3 on cd 2.flac

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Okay, I tried yesterday's svn and the above mentioned problem is gone. But again a new one (or maybe it existed before and I didn't see it) occured: albums of Nelly Furtado are also shown for Nelly (see screenshot).

Similar bug happens with "Down" getting some "System of a Down" 's CDs listed under it's albums folder.

Ok, i know where the pronblem is.
    Will try fixing it later today

Problem should be fixed.
    Please note that a Database rescan is needed.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any issues left regarding no Coverart in some cases?
    Does adding to playlist work correct now in every view?

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi hwahrmann / rtv

I have a problem again with the new database, which I have confirmed started about 3 SVN's back. If you do a database re-org or rescan you loose all your Album detail and can’t see more than 3 or 4 albums on the my-music screen. I have tested this on many skins, including the blue-2 skin and they all give this problem. The last SVN tested was Revision:16189.

I have also confirmed that if I copy my backed-up music.db files over the re-org/rescan versions that all my album detail come back and are viewable again.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you please tell us what exactly are the "Album detail" you're missing?
    Despite the AlbumArtist View which I cannot test since I use "Various Artists" everything including the AMG lookup is working okay here :confused:

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Despite the AlbumArtist View which I cannot test since I use "Various Artists" everything including the AMG lookup is working okay here :confused:

Sorry, perhaps I phrased it wrong...I wil try again.

This is exactly what I did, step for step...

1) I installed the latest SVN, and made a backup of my previous installation by ticking the "backup" box.
    2) I opened MediaPortal and go to the my-music screen, my default is album-view.
    3) All my albums are there, all 250 of them and all the tags are also there. So nothing is wrong.
    4) I change view to lets say artist-view, still no problem...
    5) Now I close MediaPortal and open the MediaPortal config-util and go to Music-Database.
    6) I click on the "Update database from selected shares" button.
    7) After 2minutes MediaPortal informs me that the database has been updated.
    8) I close MediaPortal config-app and start mediaportal again.
    9) Then I go to the My-Music screen, and all I see are the first four albums, the other 246 that I originally saw are all missing. If I change to a different view, lets say "Songs" I only see the songs from the four albums I saw earlier.
    10) Then I go to the settings-music screen in MediaPortal, and select "Reorganise my music database-start" after a few minutes MP tels me that its completed.
    11) I go back to the my-music screen, but still only see the first four albums, the others are still missing.
    12) I then close MediaPortal, retrieve the "MusicDatabase.db3 (v9 and v10) files from the directory where I made the backup when I installed the SVN, and replace the newly "reorganised" MusicDatabase.db3 files with the ones from the backup directory.
    13) I go back into MediaPortal and all my albums are back, all 250 of them.
    14)If I now do another "reorganise" from within MP or a "update database" from the MP-Config-utility I loose all my albums again.

Is there anything else that I need to give you?

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I think the Now Playing screen is using the wrong quality of thumbnails? Its using the smaller 128 size rather than the 512 size. This means the thumbs look very poor resolution in the now playing screen. Is this a known bug?

Is anyone else finding this problem?

Have you also removed the "scan for various artists option"? As this is messing up all my folders with multiple artists in and its picking a random artist and using wrong cover art.

Cheers,
    Colin

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country

Sorry, perhaps I phrased it wrong...I wil try again.

This is exactly what I did, step for step...

1) I installed the latest SVN, and made a backup of my previous installation by ticking the "backup" box.
    2) I opened MediaPortal and go to the my-music screen, my default is album-view.
    3) All my albums are there, all 250 of them and all the tags are also there. So nothing is wrong.
    4) I change view to lets say artist-view, still no problem...
    5) Now I close MediaPortal and open the MediaPortal config-util and go to Music-Database.
    6) I click on the "Update database from selected shares" button.
    7) After 2minutes MediaPortal informs me that the database has been updated.
    8) I close MediaPortal config-app and start mediaportal again.
    9) Then I go to the My-Music screen, and all I see are the first four albums, the other 246 that I originally saw are all missing. If I change to a different view, lets say "Songs" I only see the songs from the four albums I saw earlier.
    10) Then I go to the settings-music screen in MediaPortal, and select "Reorganise my music database-start" after a few minutes MP tels me that its completed.
    11) I go back to the my-music screen, but still only see the first four albums, the others are still missing.
    12) I then close MediaPortal, retrieve the "MusicDatabase.db3 (v9 and v10) files from the directory where I made the backup when I installed the SVN, and replace the newly "reorganised" MusicDatabase.db3 files with the ones from the backup directory.
    13) I go back into MediaPortal and all my albums are back, all 250 of them.
    14)If I now do another "reorganise" from within MP or a "update database" from the MP-Config-utility I loose all my albums again.

Is there anything else that I need to give you?

Hi hwahrmann / rtv

Thought I will let you know that with the lates SVN (Revision:16213) this problem is now fixed...thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom