New Music Database (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now Playing uses high res thumbs - so most likely your image source has been of low quality. You can easily verify which images are displayed by a quick look into your log file.

geov This sounds like a combination of bug and update error. If you could see your albums and tracks after the update you _must_ have had a V10 database (with most likely incorrect scanned data) before. To check whether there is a bug when reorganizing the DB not updating the "faulty" data please follow these steps:

1. Close MP
    2. Delete \Database\MusicDatabaseV10.db3
    3. Open Config
    4. Make sure all shares are configured
    5. Tick every share
    6. Uncheck the option to omit files scanned before a certain date
    7. Update (recreate) your database from selected shares
    8. Close Config
    9. Post Configuration.log to http://pastebin-team-mediaportal.com

EDIT: Oh. seems like I was too slow answering...

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Sleepycol: you have a poor quality because probably you are using BASS to play your mp3 AND have allowed visualizations in "playing now"

Go to MP configuration / music / Now playing and uncheck "show visualization (bass player only)"

This normally solves the problem (I had the same one!)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Jean-marc,
    Unchecking this option solved the problem and MP now loads up the higher quality thumbs in now playing screen.

rtv: Surely it should be allowed to load up these higher quality thumbs in now playing when the visualistion is running as well? I can't see a reason to limit this just because a visualisation is playing. Or at least give the user the option for which quality thumbs to display.

I'm sure it never used to load up lower quality thumbs in earlier SVNs?

Cheers,
    Colin

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rtv: Surely it should be allowed to load up these higher quality thumbs in now playing when the visualistion is running as well?

I'm sure it never used to load up lower quality thumbs in earlier SVNs?

Sorry you were not correct - it did always use low resolution thumbs - maybe sometimes a fallback kicked in retrieving the folder thumb which could have been of better quality...

However I just fixed that - get lastest svn from here :)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi rtv,

after upgrading to latest svn the high quality thumbnails are shown in the now playing :0)

Many thanks.

A bit off topic, but my tv no longer works when i enter my tv i get an rror "failed to start tv, definitions dont contain filters".

Any ideas what the problem is?

Cheers,
    Colin

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    dman added new tvcards into the capturecarddefinitions file. Either use a file from one days older SVN or wait till tomorrows please ;)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    ok, many thanks for the pointer. I replaced my capturecardsdefinitions.xml file with my backed up one.

thanks again!!
    Colin

dezed

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm seeing a weird problem with the new database after installing RC3. After having removed the group by letter option in the album music view, I can no longer see albums starting with V,W,X,Y, and Z. I can only see albums starting with A to U. It is one of the weirdest bugs I've ever seen. Can anyone confirm this? When I put back the group restriction, I can see those albums fine - that is, I can see initially, the letters A to Z, and can select V through Z to find albums under those letters.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I cannot reproduce that - albums like "Versus the World", "With Oden on Our Side" appear side by side here...

Did you abort a scan? Deleting MusicViews.xml and re-saving your modified one could help. If not rescanning the database. Finally a log would show the query responsible for that view.

dezed

Portal Member
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did a clean install of RC3 now, deleting the database and recreating it. I still have the same problem. Here are the last few lines of my mediaportal.log, just after opening the music in the albums view.

2007-10-17 15:28:06.591098 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres init
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.624299 [Debug][MPMain]: SQL Filter: select distinct strAlbum, strAlbumArtist, strPath from tracks group by strAlbum order by strAlbum asc
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.679959 [Info.][MPMain]: musicdatabase exception err:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. stack: at MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetSongsByFilter(String aSQL, List`1& aSongs, String filter)
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.680936 [Info.][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: Opening database
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.681912 [Info.][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: Database opened
    2007-10-17 15:28:06.933849 [Debug][MPMain]: TextureManager: CleanupThumbs()

I've attached the full log for your reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom