New Music Database (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also, I know you've said that the new database supports the 'disc' tag and properly orders the tracks.. but I have not had success with this. Instead, the tracks are ordered as:

track 1 from disc 1
    track 1 from disc 2
    track 2 from disc 1
    track 2 from disc 2
    etc, etc

In fact, the order seems random (ie it's not always disc 1 first then 2). I don't see anything in the logs that would suggest this is a bug. Has it been implemented yet? The difference between this and the last version (RC2) is that before, I could set the 'treat tracks in an individual folder as an album' option to separate the discs.. but it doesn't seem to work anymore in the case that the album names are the same for different folders.

Dezed,

rtv is right, we're missing the GUI capabilities.
    However i introduced a while ago a method to display multiple disc traclks.
    Somehow i removed it by accident.

What we do is the following:
    if the DiscId is > 0 then we add DiscID * 100 to the track number.

So you get:
    101 - Track1 from Disc1
    102 - Track2 from Disc1
    etc.
    201 - Track1 from Disc2
    202 - Track2 from Disc2

change is available with next public build

mau_mau

Portal Member
    December 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    A little bug (with 0.2.3.0 rc3).
    In creation of thums of albums (contained in mp3 files) if in the album's name there is a caracter ' in thumbs folder it became '' and it don't recognize it in mediaportal.

And a little suggestion.
    In MUSIC SORT it's possible to insert the "genre" in the available tags?
    I tried it and in the Sample window it recognize the genre, but in Mediaportal not and the genre doesn't appear.
    Thank you.
    Bye
    Maurizio

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone find that in the latest svn the "various artist" albums are having the artist listed as the artist of the last track in the album?

Just rolled back to 16322 and it works fine. So problem is in an SVN after that.....

Funky

Portal Pro
    March 8, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone find that in the latest svn the "various artist" albums are having the artist listed as the artist of the last track in the album?

Just rolled back to 16322 and it works fine. So problem is in an SVN after that.....

Yes I have the same. Another SMALL issue I have is when browsing by Genres, if I was not thourough enough when editing my tags, I get them separated if I differentiate with upper case and lower case for example

Drum n Bass
    Drum N Bass
    Drum n bass

I dont want to report it as a bug since I am self the source, but...... Else I love the new db it is so much quicker on my PC.

Funky

Eddy5

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    England England

Yep got the same issue too (In 10-26-2007--01-04-Rev16362)

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Please try again with svn build 16414 or later.
    The AlbumArtist should be displayed again.

Regards,
    Jan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Yes I have the same. Another SMALL issue I have is when browsing by Genres, if I was not thourough enough when editing my tags, I get them separated if I differentiate with upper case and lower case for example

Drum n Bass
    Drum N Bass
    Drum n bass

I dont want to report it as a bug since I am self the source, but...... Else I love the new db it is so much quicker on my PC.

Funky

Funky, this shouldn't occur anymore.
    i fixed that issue probably 2 weeks ago.
    tried with the example you had given above and the genre is only displayed once.
    please rescan your db with the latest svn.

Funky

Portal Pro
    March 8, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Drum n Bass
    Drum N Bass
    Drum n bass

Funky

Funky, this shouldn't occur anymore.
    i fixed that issue probably 2 weeks ago.
    tried with the example you had given above and the genre is only displayed once.
    please rescan your db with the latest svn.

HWahrmann,

Your right, it works, thx:.

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Some cover art is missing.

Hi guys,

I've found what may be a small issue with the extraction of cover art of some files.
    I am using the latest SVN and all my MP3/WMA files have embedded cover art.

When using the configuration options "cover art embedded in files" and "folder.jpg" some images do not get disaplyed within MediaPortal. From what I can see it is any files that have the 'Artist' or 'Album' tag containing an apostrophe.
    EG: B52's, Guns N' Roses, etc.

If I rename the TAG for the file and rescan my music shares then the issue is reolved.
    Unfortunately this looses the real names of the Artist and or Album.

When I look in the directory mediaportal\music\thumbs\albums the image names using a double apostrophe
    EG: Guns N'' Roses _-Appetite For Destruction.jpg
    Renaming these files to use only a single apostrophe also resolves the problem.

Any way I hope this helps.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom