Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Chris, you need WhiteCap 5.x Beta. Don't know where you can download that. Seems to be only available to registered users at the moment.
    So for WhiteCap vis to show up, you need to wait for 5.x to be released.
    The version 4.7.4 you found on the download page is not supported and therefor doesn't show up in the config dialogue.
    :D for the info :)

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks SteveV.

This is just awsome. I love the new features. You've done one hell of a job here.

Now for the issues:

- The track info overlay in fullscreen visualisations stays visible for over 40 seconds... This is a bit to long for my liking. A 10 second "info-note" should be enough.

- The blending in-out of the track-info looks good, but maybe you should keep it 20% blended for the entire duration? Should look more professional in my opinion.

- The track info overlay shows "0" when no track info is blank. Maybe this could be removed as it has no value for the user (singles issue).

- In the now-playing screen the cover-art is smaller than the visualisation, and this looks a bit odd. Maybe you should crop the visualisation to the image-size?

- Where did the new artist-pictures in nowplaying-screen changes go?

Feature requests:

- Options to change visualisations from within MP.

- on/off on gapless playing and cross-fading from within MP. (Not all kinds of music sound good with these options enabled/disabled)

- Ability to use Winmp visualisations. I want milkdrop.. please.

- (A bit off topic) Show album-art ONLY if album-tag is discovered.

Questions:

- Are the new tag-reader in MP already?

- Not many (none) bugs so far = Are you supernatural :D

Thanks for listening.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Scrobble Issues

[DISREGARD- Fixed by rtv in rev 10223]

Scrobbeling seems to be broken when using latest svn. No tracks are added to the playlist any more. - tested with AC/DC - Back in black... and lot's more.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Gold or Platinum

If i want to buy G-force visualisations. Should I go gold, or platinum?
    Will gold work with MP?

Dordo

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2004
    [DISREGARD- Fixed by rtv in rev 10223]

Scrobbeling seems to be broken when using latest svn. No tracks are added to the playlist any more. - tested with AC/DC - Back in black... and lot's more.

Thats why I love this place. Just for anyone who comes along and reads this later allow me to point out that this wasn't even up for 15 mins before it was fixed. Amazing. Thanks Rtv and all the devs. Words dont even begin to express my and many others thanks and I say that in all sincerity.

Just as an example not to put any dirt on the guys at Mythtv because I love their stuff and open source in general but their last "news" update was May 1st 2006. And thats to announce that they have a new crew of developers on loan from the Google summer of code project. Just so everyone realises just how lucky we are here.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    - The track info overlay in fullscreen visualisations stays visible for over 40 seconds... This is a bit to long for my liking. A 10 second "info-note" should be enough.

This is a bug. I'll fix it the next release (hopefully in SVN tonight).

- The blending in-out of the track-info looks good, but maybe you should keep it 20% blended for the entire duration? Should look more professional in my opinion.

I'd be interested in having other users weigh in on this to find out what the general preference is. So if anyone has opinions one way or the other speak up now ;)

- In the now-playing screen the cover-art is smaller than the visualisation, and this looks a bit odd. Maybe you should crop the visualisation to the image-size?

Is the image narrower or much smaller than the visualization window? With the std BlueTwo skin the coverart image is a bit narrower. The coverart image currently gets scaled to fill the viz window but preserves the image's aspect ratio. I could stretch the image to fill the viz window. I'm not a big fan of stretching images out of proportion so again, speak up guys and let me know what you prefer.

- Where did the new artist-pictures in nowplaying-screen changes go?

Fixed. Should be in SVN tonight

Feature requests:

- Options to change visualisations from within MP.

- on/off on gapless playing and cross-fading from within MP. (Not all kinds of music sound good with these options enabled/disabled)

These will take a bit of work. Let me think about how we might do this..

- Ability to use Winmp visualisations. I want milkdrop.. please.

The problem is that WinAmp viz's display in a seperate WinAmp window and there's no way (that I've been able to figure out) to get around that. I was at one point playing around with the open source version of MilkDrop to have it render on my test app's window. Maybe I can dig that up again at some point and have another look

Lost me there--can you explain furthur?

Questions:

- Are the new tag-reader in MP already?

Alas, no. There just aren't enough free hours in the day. It's on my short list of things todo. So hopefully it'll make it's way into the source soon.

- Not many (none) bugs so far = Are you supernatural :D

Actually, there were a couple, so I guess not ;)

Thanks for the feedback,

Steve

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Lyxalig said:

SteveV said:
    Is the image narrower or much smaller than the visualization window? With the std BlueTwo skin the coverart image is a bit narrower. The coverart image currently gets scaled to fill the viz window but preserves the image's aspect ratio. I could stretch the image to fill the viz window. I'm not a big fan of stretching images out of proportion so again, speak up guys and let me know what you prefer.

Of course its narrower. Excuse my english.
    The album-art should not be stretched. Is it possible to narrow the visualization-width to match the album-art? eg. crop the width?

SteveV said:
    The problem is that WinAmp viz's display in a seperate WinAmp window and there's no way (that I've been able to figure out) to get around that. I was at one point playing around with the open source version of MilkDrop to have it render on my test app's window. Maybe I can dig that up again at some point and have another look

Take your time. This is allready a HUGE improvement.

Lyxalig said:
    SteveV said:
    Lost me there--can you explain furthur?

I have lots of singles (radio-hits) organized in folders by year. I've stripped the tags leaving the interesting stuff: Title, Artist, Year, Genre.

Still MP finds coverart for the files ??

So my request is that MP should dynamically evaluate the tags, and change appearance accordingly.

The same scenario goes for this:
    Lyxalig said:
    - The track info overlay shows "0" when no track info is blank. Maybe this could be removed as it has no value for the user (singles issue).

At last: Keep up the good work. This change earns a news-post ;)

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Got another bug for you.

When trying to select an "unsupported" visualization plugin. MP-config crashes. Maybe you have to add some exeption handling in that section. Will add logg as soon as My TV stops recording.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom