Not open for further replies.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The SVN this came in seems to have busted my Filmstrip view in MyMusic and in My Videos, anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Hi,
    Yup can confirm this, it's the same here (+ My Pictures).

Update, seems to have been broken for awhile & not related to this change
    Regards
    Roy

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Well I can live without filmstrip until the next release, just spotted a possible issue with the Music Engine

With latest SVN the Track Info pane in fullscreen contains no information when playing a saved playlist. when palying the same track directly (NOT FROM PLAYLIST) the info is OK. When playing a saved playlist there is some strange behaviour going on, even crashed out once when stopping a playlist to play the same track directly. Sorry I can't be more specific but don't seem to be able to replicate the problem.

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Important feature request: ReplayGain!

I currently use it with DirectShow filters (MP3 and FLAC files).
    Since internal player use its own internal codecs, ReplayGain support is very important... mostly for those of us who listen to tracks from various albums, and volume levels differ from one track to another...

Currently, there's no good solution (except for WinAmp) for ReplayGain with MP3 files. Native support (for all formats) in MediaPortal, will make it *THE* music player.

IDEA #1: Putting a 3-state button such as "ReplayGain: Track Gain / Album Gain / Disabled" somewhere accessible in the UI (even through a shortcut-remote-key, like the "S" key for aspect ratios ;-) will even make it a better music player.

IDEA #2: Perhaps the new tag-reader should also look for ReplayGain tags (inside APE and ID3v2 tags), and add them to the music DB (two additional columns should be added to the "song" table: "TrackGain" and "AlbumGain").

Want to hear your opinions!
    How many of you use ReplayGain?

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    Important feature request: ReplayGain!

I currently use it with DirectShow filters (MP3 and FLAC files).

(a little off topic): which directshow filters use replaygain? i'm using illiminable atm but don't seem to have rg support...

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    zombiepig,

For MP3, try MPG123DSF: http://f23.aaa.livedoor.jp/~kanetuki/download.html
    It has two built-in decoders: MPG123 and MAD.
    MPG123 seems to ignore gain information, while MAD seems to get stuck with VBR files. Yack.... (another reason for "native" MP ReplayGain support).

For FLAC, just use CoreFLAC. Old but working okay, also with ReplayGain.

ReplayGain calculating & tagging can be done with Foobar2000.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    just a side note, i also get a crash of the configuration.exe when trying to select wgoom like a previous poster has said, perhaps there is something odd with that wmp plugin? also i would be interest to find out if we can make the fps higher than 30?

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Want to hear your opinions!
    I havent gotten around to it. But I planning to. Nothing like having your tweeters dangling out of the speakers when Britney Spears is played after some classical music...

I am kind of a nerd. I think that if only everyone used RG, producers would stop using excessive amounts of dynamic compression to be louder than anyone else, as it would work anyways =)

Does this player accept 24 bit output? I am thinking if large amounts of replaygain attenuation as well as manual volume controll is used, the 16 bits of CD could rapidly decrease to a lot less. By allowing 24bit out, no information would be discarded (and those with great soundcards could benefit from it).

BTW, great work SteveV! Amazing that it is allready so complete. I esp like fade in/out. Set at <1 sec it adds that subtle "class" to the whole experience =)

regards
    Knut

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wauw! I didn't even know this was in development! What an exelent surprise :D
    I love it and there seem to be so little bugs in the first release. Fantastic job.

I stubled upon, what seems like, a discription of XP's internal CD-burning API. I'm not a C# programmer and I wouldn't know where to start with implementing something like this (I'm not even sure it is possible).

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/NET/Code/Libraries/Writing_CDs/IMAPI/article.asp

It would be great to be able to burn playlists from MP. the MyBurner plugin is not working very well. I can imagine using a standalone (not depending on XP) burner plugin would be nicer. But maybe this could be a good temporary solution that won't be to much work to write?

I realy realy realy like the crossfading, internal codecs, visualisation and superfast response of the internal player.

edit: I'm not seeing any overlay with song info when a new song starts while watching fullscreen vis. I'm using the PMIII skin. Did I misunderstand this should be showing when enabled in the setup?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom