Not open for further replies.

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
NLS:
U misunderstood me :)
My original question was what you answered me.
The link Rooster gave me was the ffdshow-project. So my last answeer was just related to him.

Nevertheless you're right that there's a newer build of DIrectX. But it's not localized. I prefer to install a version matching the language of the OS. Had some troubles in past using different versions. But thanks for the link.

aal

Portal Pro
July 15, 2006
Here is a bit more info on my part to add the weirdness of this.

I do have ffdshow installed but only use it to correct luminance on the videos I play. I never use the audio part. Instead I use dscaler audio set to spdif. I checked in ffdshow and the setting for ac3 is liba52 and not spdif.

I did try mpa codecs, dscaler and ffdshow with spdif... but none would produce any sound if bass engine is used.

Same here !

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I would like to report back my dealings with SoundSpectrum on the issues several of us were having and I'm happy to say that to resolve the issue, they have provided me with a 'complimentary upgrade to G-Force Platinum'. Now that is what I call support. :)

CG

could you give us any information on how to get this upgrade???
    and what does it do???

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've got an issue with the Now Playing screen. With scrobbling enabled, the Next Track under Now Playing will not update while playing the last song in the playlist. I'll try to explain it a bit better:

1. Make sure you have Repeat Playlists enabled
    2. Add one song to an empty playlist, the song starts playing
    3. Make sure Scrobbling is enabled
    4. Go to the Now Playing screen

The currently playing track will be displayed as Next Track too, this is correct since it's the only track in the playlist. However, while this track is playing, scrobbling will add more tracks to the playlist in the background. This doesn't show under Next Track, the currently playing track will be shown as Next Track until finished. This seems to always be true for the last song in a playlist.

Does anyone else have this, and did anyone understand what I mean?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ok guys,

back from the business trip.
    I still have problem to reproduce these results you're talking about.
    Also no one of the guys from the test team has the problem.
    Could i have a test file from one of you?

thx,

Helmut

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helmut,

as my files, that are affected, are at least 700 megs in size, I'll try to slice out a small part of one file.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Patric,

i answered to your PM.
    Your test file works perfect for me.

The only way, i can reproduce your problem is in modifying the ffdshow settings as mentioned earlier.
    When i set in the "Codecs" section the "AC3" to "disabled" or "S/PDIF" then the tone is gone.
    leaving it at "liba52", the default i have perfect sound on all speakers.

regards,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Patric,

one thing you might check as well, is the "Output" section in ffdshow.
    It should be set to "32 bit floating point".
    when setting it to "AC3" the tone is muted as well.

regards,

Helmut

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Helmut,

yesterday made some more tests based on your last post.
    "32 bit floating" was not set.

After setting AC3 to liba52 in codecs I finally got sound from AC3 files when played from within MP. But they were only transmitted as stereo PCM via my SPDIF. What the heck.

Then I disabled ffdshows audio decoder for AC3 and reenabled AC3Filter. As expected no AC3-sound from within MP. Then I disabled the "Use SPDIF"-checkbox on the first config page of the filter. Now there comes the sound. But again only as stereo PCM.

But in my opinion this whole problem cannot be blamed onto those codecs because they work properly when the music engine is set to DirectShow and when used inside other directshow players. Could it be that the splitter filter causes trouble when the BASS engine is active??? Could we somehow produce a more detailed log?

Grtz

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom