New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV said:
    Perhaps an editable DiskNumber column in the music database would be a better (and more accurate) solution?

Editable or importable from tags? iTunes has a CD Number (it stores it in the file, I tested that. Maybe not 100% ID3 compliant)?

I will have a look about the tag...

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, just checked my files contain the following Tag:
    TPA.....1/1
    or Hex
    54 50 41 00 00 05 00 31 2F 31
    which is the CD Number and Total CD Number (same format as TRK). So if you can, implement it. I would enjoy a correct sorting of my Albums with more than one CD (I did remove the CD#x from my titles, I hated it).

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did another test: Yes there still are some issues (although completely unimportant for me ).

I added songtext and album art to a file (mp3) using iTunes and : Both can not be found! There is nothing unusual in the log.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    mbuzina said:
    SteveV said:
    Perhaps an editable DiskNumber column in the music database would be a better (and more accurate) solution?

Editable or importable from tags?

Both. If it's a TPA (ID3V2) or TPOS (ID3.3) frame *and* the frame contains data then we can import it. Unfortunately not everyone uses MP3's so we need to have some other way of letting user edit this info in the database. I'm planning on writing a standalone app that allows browsing and editing the MP music database which should make it easy to manually make such changes.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    mbuzina said:
    Did another test: Yes there still are some issues (although completely unimportant for me ).

I added songtext and album art to a file (mp3) using iTunes and : Both can not be found! There is nothing unusual in the log.

I'll PM you my email address. Can you email me the affected file?

Thanks,

Steve

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mbuzina said:
    I would enjoy a correct sorting of my Albums with more than one CD (I did remove the CD#x from my titles, I hated it).
    I hate these titles with CD#x, too. I tagged the track numbers with 'cd-prefix'. Files of CD1 contains the tracknumbers 101,102,103.... , of CD2 201,202,203 and so on

greetings
    chefkoch

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested with the newest version:
    My well tagged, all MP3, nearly all with album art collection:
    12575 tags: 12:03 (0.057)
    Typical errors (error is defined here as different from Tag&Rename and MP3 Book Helper):
    -Some files missed year and genre, while others in the same album didn't. (Zoot Allures)
    -Some files missed almost all tagging: Title, Artist, Album Artist, Album title, track, genre but didn't give the No tag error. Tags are present in these files.(Howlin Wolf- a.o. Come back home, Charles Mingus)

My more or less messy tagged collection with lots of exotic lossless formats:
    1791 tags: 2:17 (0.077)
    No obvious errors (just a slight problem: it's quite hard to check mpc tags against any other program since this is the first I found able to read them :wink: )

Files available upon request.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    onkl said:
    Tested with the newest version:
    My well tagged, all MP3, nearly all with album art collection:
    12575 tags: 12:03 (0.057)
    Typical errors (error is defined here as different from Tag&Rename and MP3 Book Helper):
    -Some files missed year and genre, while others in the same album didn't. (Zoot Allures)
    -Some files missed almost all tagging: Title, Artist, Album Artist, Album title, track, genre but didn't give the No tag error. Tags are present in these files.(Howlin Wolf- a.o. Come back home, Charles Mingus)

My more or less messy tagged collection with lots of exotic lossless formats:
    1791 tags: 2:17 (0.077)
    No obvious errors (just a slight problem: it's quite hard to check mpc tags against any other program since this is the first I found able to read them :wink: )

Files available upon request.

Hi onkl,

Thanks for the report. I may ask you to send me some sample files in the next couple fo days but for the time being I have a lot of sample files to go through :shock:

Of the 12575 MP3's; any idea how many were mis-read?

Thanks,

Steve

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Version 0.27 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix: lyrics text prefixed with non-text characters
    Fix: lyrics text not being decoded properly in some cases
    Fix: lyrics do not include line breaks
    Fix: ID3V2.4 frame size not being read correctly when size is greater than 255

TODO: Duration not being calculated correctly on some VBR MP3's

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom