New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Great work! A real improvement to the existing tag reader, that had some issues with many of my wmas. I have tested the reader on two sets of files. Both sets are located in [artist]/[album]/files library and tagged nicely.

The first set consists of 9.055 wmas. It is my cd collection that have been ripped by WMP10.
    Result: the 9.055 wmas are read in 3 mins and 1 sec. 0,020 sec pr. track. All tags are retrieved perfectly, except that the track-field is left blank for all tags. The app "Tag&Replace" shows the track field perfectly.

The second sets consists of mainly wmas that have been purchased online but also some mp3s.
    Result: the 2.011 tracks are read in 1 min and 2 sec (0,031 sec pr. track). Here most of the tracks are filled but almost in every album 1-3 fails to deliver a value for the track field.

I will be happy to mail you screenshots and/or music files if needed.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have a suggestion for tag reading & database storage (and eventually display of course).

I do have some albums with 2 or more CDs. I went through some degree of work, removing the "CD1" parts of the album names, since I still believe both CDs being part of one album. I used the CD number fields in iTunes (they are stored as mp3 tags as well, not only in the iTunes XML DB). Could this value be read to the MP Database, so that the following sorting of tracks in an album can be achieved:
    CD/TRACK - Name
    01/01 1st Track of 1st CD
    01/02 2nd Track of 1st CD
    02/01 1st Track of 2nd CD
    02/02 2nd Track of 2nd CD

This would make it possible to listen to the songs in the intended order (important for some albums). Thanks!

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    onkl said:
    NLS said:
    some of us may NOT want album classification

I just want a simple file based shorted list (my files are perfectly ok - same for the tags, just mostly NO album info)... and this simple thing cannot be done currently
    What's wrong with the "files" or "shares" view? I'm using this -for the same reason- every day.

well they don't work as expected for me

and to make it worse, this doesn't generate any error I could log and give to a dev

so I am left deep in my sh**

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    semi-off-topic question

which database should I delete so to have my MP3 reimported in MP3 from scratch?

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    NLS said:
    semi-off-topic question

which database should I delete so to have my MP3 reimported in MP3 from scratch?
    From memory: mppath/database/music.db3 At work right now, not sure. Names are more or less straightforward and else, just copy/paste (backup) them before trying

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Steve

I am using Mp3tag to organize my music files. It supports APEv2 and ID3v2. It also supports 'ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1', 'ID3v2.3 UTF-16' and 'ID3v2.4 UTF-8'.

My most files are tagged in the last one, but the new tag-reader is not able to read these correctly. Look here:

More information can be found here: http://www.id3.org/develop.html

If i am using 'ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1' or 'ID3v2.3 UTF-16' then all is okay.

The work for the new tag reader which is done until now is very well. This would be a really nice improvement.

greetings
    chefkoch

Code:
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Begin reading tags...
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 1 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 01 - Ludacris - Start.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 2 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 02 - Ludacris - Act A Fool.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 9 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 09 - Joe Budden - Pump It Up.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 10 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 10 - Dead Prez - Hell Yeah.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48     MP3Tag.get_Track caused an exception: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 11 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 11 - Jin - Peel Off.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48     MP3Tag.get_Track caused an exception: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Reading tag 19 (F:\_Soundtracks Filme\2Fast2Furious\2Fast2Furious - 19 - DJ Desue feat. A.G. & Party Arty - Get Dirty.mp3)
    18.07.2006 14:11:48 Done! Retrieved 19 tags in 00:00:00.359 (0,019 seconds per track)

Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format. -> The input-string has the wrong datatype (format).

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Version 0.24 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix MP3 exception being caused year when year frame is filled with space characters (" ")
    Fix missing or incorrect track number when file contains zero based WM/Track value instead of WM/TrackNumber

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mackey said:
    Great work! A real improvement to the existing tag reader, that had some issues with many of my wmas. I have tested the reader on two sets of files. Both sets are located in [artist]/[album]/files library and tagged nicely.

The first set consists of 9.055 wmas. It is my cd collection that have been ripped by WMP10.
    Result: the 9.055 wmas are read in 3 mins and 1 sec. 0,020 sec pr. track. All tags are retrieved perfectly, except that the track-field is left blank for all tags. The app "Tag&Replace" shows the track field perfectly.

The second sets consists of mainly wmas that have been purchased online but also some mp3s.
    Result: the 2.011 tracks are read in 1 min and 2 sec (0,031 sec pr. track). Here most of the tracks are filled but almost in every album 1-3 fails to deliver a value for the track field.

I have the same problem in version 0.24.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    mackey said:
    mackey said:

I have the same problem in version 0.24.

Hi mackey,

[EDIT]
    Just found the problem so no need to send the files just yet. I'll post a new version shortly
    [/EDIT]

Can you email me a couple of the affected files. You'll need to attach only one file per message otherwise they'll bounce due to max attachment size limitations.

Thanks -- Steve

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom