New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    SteveV said:
    There have been no bug reports for a couple of days now. Can I conclude from this that the last version works *so* well that it's entirely bug free :wink: ? Or have I bored all of you to death :roll: ?

I'd like to wrap this up so I'd appreciate it if you could report any outstanding issues.

Thanks -- Steve
    I have reported a couple of bugs earlier. These seem all to be have fixed.

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    SteveV said:
    Or have I bored all of you to death :roll: ?

:)

Hi,
    I still have problem with duration on certain files. It seems the bitrate is also wrong. A 320kbps files is reported as 32Kbps and duration is 19:48 instead of 3:16.

Also the bitrate of m4a files is not reported, but that’s not outstanding :)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Molokoids said:
    I still have problem with duration on certain files. It seems the bitrate is also wrong. A 320kbps files is reported as 32Kbps and duration is 19:48 instead of 3:16.

Can you confirm that you're seeing this with version .28? Did .28 improve the duration problem? Can you email me a couple of the affected files?

Also the bitrate of m4a files is not reported, but that’s not outstanding :)

I'll look in this.

Thanks -- Steve

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV said:
    There have been no bug reports for a couple of days now. Can I conclude from this that the last version works *so* well that it's entirely bug free :wink: ?
    No, I don't think so, :wink: :lol:
    I sent you a mail with 10 files which produce some issues.

SteveV said:
    Or have I bored all of you to death :roll: ?
    Again, I don't think so, because this tag-reader is a real huge improvement and should be as bug-free as possible.

Testing such new code in form of a standalone app is realy nice. Testing is more efficient, faster and exacter.

Greetings
    chefkoch

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Duration VBR MP3 for me OK now

Just wanted to report back, that with V.28 the duration of my VBR MP3s is now displayed 100% correct :D
    Thank you very much SteveV!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Re: Duration VBR MP3 for me OK now

BugsBunny said:
    Just wanted to report back, that with V.28 the duration of my VBR MP3s is now displayed 100% correct :D
    Thank you very much SteveV!

BugsBunny,

Thanks for reporting back--great to hear it's finally working!

Steve

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    steve - how robust do you want the tag reader to be? reason i'm asking is that i have a couple of files i ripped using eac to flac. when i load them in foobar, foobar can display the tags correctly - but if i try to change them foobar reports and error, then if i change them again it works. the tag reader is currently reporting an error on these files until i've changed the tags twice in foobar.

soooo, there must be something corrupt in the tag structure on these files. it's not a big deal for me to fix them, but the thing is foobar can read them ok even with the corrupt tags. i'm not sure how forgiving you want the tag reader to be on badly written tags...

(again - just to emphasize - i'm not really fussed about this because it's very easy to fix the tags!)

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    steve - how robust do you want the tag reader to be? reason i'm asking is that i have a couple of files i ripped using eac to flac. when i load them in foobar, foobar can display the tags correctly - but if i try to change them foobar reports and error, then if i change them again it works. the tag reader is currently reporting an error on these files until i've changed the tags twice in foobar.

soooo, there must be something corrupt in the tag structure on these files. it's not a big deal for me to fix them, but the thing is foobar can read them ok even with the corrupt tags. i'm not sure how forgiving you want the tag reader to be on badly written tags...

(again - just to emphasize - i'm not really fussed about this because it's very easy to fix the tags!)

I'd like to fix it if i can. I jst sent you a pm with my email address.

Thanks -- Steve

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV said:
    I'd like to wrap this up so I'd appreciate it if you could report any outstanding issues.

Just reporting an outstanding tag reader :mrgreen:

doubleclick

July 26, 2006
    Missing synchronized lyrics

SteveV said:
    Version 0.27 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix: lyrics text prefixed with non-text characters
    Fix: lyrics text not being decoded properly in some cases
    Fix: lyrics do not include line breaks
    Fix: ID3V2.4 frame size not being read correctly when size is greater than 255

TODO: Duration not being calculated correctly on some VBR MP3's

- 0.28 works fine, tested with 2.500 mp3 files
    - id3 tags o.k.
    - cover jpg o.k.

BUT:
    - Lyrics=Y but in the header fields it shows lyrics content as unreadable chars!?
    - My lyrics are in the same folder as mp3 as .txt file and also inside mp3 as id3-tag
    - Also I have synchronized lyrics as file in the folder
    - WMP and WinAmp shows everything rigth

- What I completly miss are synchronized lyrics (.lrc)
    - Dreaming of lyrics which scroll the screen while playing - see MiniLyrcis (http://www.crintsoft.com/index.htm)

can i upload samples?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom