New Music Tag Reader -- Testers needed (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One more thing

Hi Steve,

Fantastic job with the tag reader.

I just have one request, if I may.

I rip all my mp3 files with iTunes, and if I have a double album, I use the disk 1 of 2 tag which iTunes produces. This means that all of the files for both (or more) disks are within a single folder, and all have the same album name. There will be two track 1's, etc.

I have it set to add the disk number and track number to the start of the file, eg. 1-01-SomeSongTitle.mp3, so playing in order from the filename is fine, but playing tracks using the tags is problematic, as it will play track 1 from disk 1, then track 1 from disk 2, etc.

It would be great if you could add this tag.

Best wishes,

Mark

PS. 5236 tracks in 4:10.734, and no errors that I can see

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    I use the disk 1 of 2 tag

Support for that or similar would be great, and further being able to view both discs under the same album would be cool too, for example the Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty album with bonus disc:

01. Super Disco Breakin'
    02. Move
    03. Remote Control
    04. Song For The Man
    05. Just A Test
    06. Body Movin'
    07. Intergalactic
    08. Sneakin' Out The Hospital
    09. Putting Shame In Your Game
    10. Flowin' Prose
    11. And Me
    12. Three MC's And One DJ
    13. Can't Won't Don't Stop
    14. Song For Junior
    15. I Don't Know
    16. Negotiation Limerick File
    17. Electrify
    18. Picture This
    19. Unite
    20. Dedication
    21. Dr Lee PhD
    22. Instant Death

Bonus Disc

01. Hail Sagan (Special K)
    02. Beastie Boys Body Movin (Fatboy Slim Remix)
    03. Beastie Boys Intergalactic (Prisoners Of Technology Remix)
    04. Beastie Boys Peanut Butter & Jelly

Cheers,
    Smirnuff.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Re: One more thing

elliottmc said:
    Hi Steve,

Fantastic job with the tag reader.

I just have one request, if I may.

I rip all my mp3 files with iTunes, and if I have a double album, I use the disk 1 of 2 tag which iTunes produces. This means that all of the files for both (or more) disks are within a single folder, and all have the same album name. There will be two track 1's, etc.

I have it set to add the disk number and track number to the start of the file, eg. 1-01-SomeSongTitle.mp3, so playing in order from the filename is fine, but playing tracks using the tags is problematic, as it will play track 1 from disk 1, then track 1 from disk 2, etc.

It would be great if you could add this tag.

Best wishes,

Mark

PS. 5236 tracks in 4:10.734, and no errors that I can see

The planned database changes will include the following columns in the album table: PartOfASet, DiskNumber, TotalDisks

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Version 0.29 has been released (see first post for link)

Changes:

Fix: not checking for ID3V1 tag if APE file doesn't have an APE tag
    Not Fixed: VBR encoded MP3 files that are missing VBR headers ("Xing", "Info", or "VBRI") return incorrect duration. The only way to fix this is to physically count all stream frames within the file. Since CBR encoded MP3's do not have VBR headers they would also be subject to this manual frame counting. Bottom line: this will not be fixed as it creates a significant performance penalty.
    Fix: ListView indicates cover art is present even if tag image bytes contain invalid or corrupt image bytes
    Fix: MP4/M4A lyrics not being read properly
    Fix: missing bitrate on MP4/M4A files
    Fix: Flac files with ID3V2.x tags and Vorbis tags fail
    Fix: MP3 files; UTF-16 with BOM encoded Lyrics being read incorrectly when lyrics frame contains content descriptor.
    Add: ListView now contains status icons for all files processed by the tag reader. Red Circle X = tag reader encountered an error reading the tag or the file did not contain a tag, Yellow Circle Exclaimation = tag was read but is missing information, Green Circle Check = tag was read properly and contains all required fields.

Note that as of this evening I'll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks so this will be the last release until I come back. So make a list of any remaining bugs and I'll address them when I return.

Thanks!

Steve

onkl

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2005
    Wageningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SteveV said:
    [...]Note that as of this evening I'll be on vacation for the next 2 weeks so this will be the last release until I come back.[...]
    Enjoy your vacation! (you sure deserved it from a MP point of view I'd guess :wink: )

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    SteveV said:
    Version 0.29 has been released (see first post for link)
    Fix: not checking for ID3V1 tag if APE file doesn't have an APE tag
    Not Fixed: VBR encoded MP3 files that are missing VBR headers ("Xing", "Info", or "VBRI") return incorrect duration. The only way to fix this is to physically count all stream frames within the file. Since CBR encoded MP3's do not have VBR headers they would also be subject to this manual frame counting. Bottom line: this will not be fixed as it creates a significant performance penalty.

Thanks Steve. I pretty much solved this problem using this utility : Vbrfix

Hesse

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2006
    Are the other tags going to be supported? I'd like to use the "Composer" and "Orig. Artist" tags to make some pretty awesome views. I followed the procedures outlined in the "Ultimate Music Library Views" thread over at the Meedio forum and it works very nicely for CD's with multiple artists, multidisc sets, etc.

Check here for what it looks like:

http://www.meedio.com/forum/about23004.html

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV: Is your new tagreader already in the SVN?

orencha

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2005
    Netanya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    One question/suggestion/request:

Some audio files currently do not support APE/ID3 or other tags. Two examples that I have are DTS and AC3 files. It is true that those files are mostly used as part of a video, but I have more & more Audio-only titles in DTS and AC3 (multi-channel remastered albums are now very common... Depeche Mode, for example, re-master now all back-catalog - 11 albums - in AC3/DTS formats and SACD. I already bought 3 of them and have some dozens of DTS files - one song per file).

Although AC3/DTS files are playable in MP (if you have the correct DirectShow filters), the only available information for them is the file name.

Is it possible to put tags in an external file? e.g. songfilename.xml file, which contains tags for songfilename.dts? or perhaps a folder.xml file which contains tags for many files in it?

If not - can this feature please be added? It will be good for all file formats which do not support tags (I can also think of WAV files and maybe other future formats).

I would like to read your opinions!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom