New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

oglesbyj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I still get an error message when I try to authorize :-( Tried on a MP server-pc and a MP client-pc and got the same error.

Sorry Was at work so didn't see this post till now. Im still working with spacemanc on a fix. The file you need is on post 31 of this thread(top of page3). Download the zip file and extract it into the plugin directory(Generally C:\program files\team media portal\plugins\windows\) and then try again. If that doesn't work Private message me and Ill send you instructions for registering the dll file. That shouldn't be needed though as its supposed to search next to the file first.

Hi I have the same error, I tried to install the file as mentioned but the error remains. I am on windows 7 64bit and IE9.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I still get an error message when I try to authorize :-( Tried on a MP server-pc and a MP client-pc and got the same error.

Sorry Was at work so didn't see this post till now. Im still working with spacemanc on a fix. The file you need is on post 31 of this thread(top of page3). Download the zip file and extract it into the plugin directory(Generally C:\program files\team media portal\plugins\windows\) and then try again. If that doesn't work Private message me and Ill send you instructions for registering the dll file. That shouldn't be needed though as its supposed to search next to the file first.

I also have a similar issue when i try to Authorize my account.

But for me mshtml is missing.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I am running windows 7 32bit.

Last edited:

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok We are still looking into this Im not quite sure what is causing this error because as long as you have internet explorer you should already have the driver that it claims its missing.. The only thing I can think of is that its set to require the specific version.. Unfortuantly my dev laptop completly crashed and died last night in a freak netflix accident and resulted in me loosing my source code for the latest update. Granted I only lost a days worth of code but it is code I will have to re write just to get back to the point where I was. I am still looking into this and working closely with spacemanc trying to figure out whats going on and how we can get this fixed. It troubles me that this seems to be spreading and affecting more and more users. At this time maybe trying running windows update and making sure your grabbing any updates for internet explorer. I have to work again tommorow but have tuesday off so hopefully will get to work on it some more then.

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I also have a similar issue when i try to Authorize my account.

But for me mshtml is missing.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I am running windows 7 32bit.

+1
    mshtml is missing

Last edited:

Elof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Since Netflix came to Sweden today I had to try your plugin! The installation and authorization was no problem but I don't get any results when I try to search. Is there some logs or other information I can provide you with to see if it's a problem that can be solved?

wonkodasane

May 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Swedish new user on Netflix today. Installed plugin. Can't authorize.
    +1 mshtml bug
    On Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, english version. Fully Windows updated.

Really appreciate your great work btw. I am sure it will work for us all soon.

Last edited:

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Since Netflix came to Sweden today I had to try your plugin! The installation and authorization was no problem but I don't get any results when I try to search. Is there some logs or other information I can provide you with to see if it's a problem that can be solved?

Unfortuantly while Netflix is availalbe in some of the other countrys they did not make the api availalbe in those countrys. This is mostly because the api is dead. Netflix is no longer working on adding to or updating the API that this and all plugins use to access it. Instead Netflix has moved to the web player. I am looking into ways to better integrate the web player into media portal but until that happens you will need to run it through a us proxy. There are more details about this on the first few pages of the thread.

For those of you getting the error that it is missing mshtml Here is that file. Once I get the code updated I will release a new installer that contains that file. Instructions for installing it are the same as for the other dll file except that this one does work. Just unzip it and move it into the plugin folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1350323286][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow Ok I really feel dumb right now. I read the first post by Ukra while at work from my cell phone and did not see the actual error message. I had assumed it was another message that Me and Spacemanc are working on and did not realize it was mshtml. I just now realized that almost everyone is missing the mshtml file that I had removed from the installer by accident when creating the new version. Since I was thinking of the wrong dll file I pointed you guys to the wrong file to download. The one I just added should fix everyones error. Let me know if it does not.

Attachments

• mshtml.zip
      1.5 MB

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi there just a bit of feedback re the v1.0 release.

All is fine apart from the multi screen selection settings i still have to set screen 2 by hand in the xml (the spelling bug if fixed however)

Also found this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vice-for-ui-sounds-and-volume-control.107404/ it might help you with adding a second sound card support :)

Re the API being scraped and a web based player used instead. Have you ever come across this plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-1-3-0-0-2012-07-18.103682/ You maybe able add support to this as its a great online video playing plugin. This could be a way to go.

Cheers for now

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country

All is fine apart from the multi screen selection settings i still have to set screen 2 by hand in the xml (the spelling bug if fixed however)

Also found this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vice-for-ui-sounds-and-volume-control.107404/ it might help you with adding a second sound card support :)

Re the API being scraped and a web based player used instead. Have you ever come across this plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-1-3-0-0-2012-07-18.103682/ You maybe able add support to this as its a great online video playing plugin. This could be a way to go.

Cheers for now

I will look into this.. Can you upload your settings file so I can see it please..The copy before you edit it.

As far as the new direction for the plugin it seems that Netflix will leave the current (old version) of the sdk there for other devices and stuff to use so Netflix will remain in the plugin. But the next step is Im looking to start implementing Hulu. I have reverse engineered there video links and can form the from Show ID's now just need to come up with a search method. Im trying to stay with just tv show/movie sites as a replacement to cable tv. Im also looking at a way to stream live video feeds from the cable networks (even if it costs a small fee) as a direct replacement.

Last edited:

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country

Cheers for now

I will look into this.. Can you upload your settings file so I can see it please..The copy before you edit it.

Sorry Forget My Last Comment re Multiscreen selector just tried it again and all is fine sorry for the false alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom