New Netflix Plugin (1 Viewer)

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
September 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi there just a bit of feedback re the v1.0 release.

All is fine apart from the multi screen selection settings i still have to set screen 2 by hand in the xml (the spelling bug if fixed however)

Also found this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vice-for-ui-sounds-and-volume-control.107404/ it might help you with adding a second sound card support :)

Re the API being scraped and a web based player used instead. Have you ever come across this plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-1-3-0-0-2012-07-18.103682/ You maybe able add support to this as its a great online video playing plugin. This could be a way to go.

Cheers for now

I will look into this.. Can you upload your settings file so I can see it please..The copy before you edit it.

Sorry Forget My Last Comment re Multiscreen selector just tried it again and all is fine sorry for the false alarm.

Lol Good to know

Nicklas Nordlund

September 20, 2012
Home Country
Wales Wales
Since Netflix came to Sweden today I had to try your plugin! The installation and authorization was no problem but I don't get any results when I try to search. Is there some logs or other information I can provide you with to see if it's a problem that can be solved?

Unfortuantly while Netflix is availalbe in some of the other countrys they did not make the api availalbe in those countrys. This is mostly because the api is dead. Netflix is no longer working on adding to or updating the API that this and all plugins use to access it. Instead Netflix has moved to the web player. I am looking into ways to better integrate the web player into media portal but until that happens you will need to run it through a us proxy. There are more details about this on the first few pages of the thread.

For those of you getting the error that it is missing mshtml Here is that file. Once I get the code updated I will release a new installer that contains that file. Instructions for installing it are the same as for the other dll file except that this one does work. Just unzip it and move it into the plugin folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1350323286][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow Ok I really feel dumb right now. I read the first post by Ukra while at work from my cell phone and did not see the actual error message. I had assumed it was another message that Me and Spacemanc are working on and did not realize it was mshtml. I just now realized that almost everyone is missing the mshtml file that I had removed from the installer by accident when creating the new version. Since I was thinking of the wrong dll file I pointed you guys to the wrong file to download. The one I just added should fix everyones error. Let me know if it does not.

As a swedish Netflix user I hope that you will suceed with the integration of the webplayer really soon.. :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanx for the mshtml fix.

It works like a charm, now the only thing left to adjust is the Avalon skin, each time i enter this plugin it doesn't show up on full screen, it rather has some black space on right and bottom of the screen, any ideas guys?

Never mind i figured out that i had to change the resolution settings in the netflix.xml file.

So now it looks ok.

Cyri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2012
    Home Country
    First off, great plugin.

Anyone else have issues with the video coming up behind MP? Even Alt+Tab doesn't bring it to the foreground. If I hit Alt+Enter to put MP in window I can see the video playing in the background (full screen). I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this.

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    First off, great plugin.

Anyone else have issues with the video coming up behind MP? Even Alt+Tab doesn't bring it to the foreground. If I hit Alt+Enter to put MP in window I can see the video playing in the background (full screen). I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this.

Hmm I havn't heard of this bug yet is it possibly a setting in Media Portal causing Media Portal to remain on top of the other windows?

Also Thanks for the kuddos those are always great to hear.. Btw 95 downloads in 2 and a half days.. That is awesome.

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    First off, great plugin.

I also had this issue.

You can solve it by unticking the "always keep mediaportal on top" setting in general setting of mp configuration.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As of today Denmark is also officially member of the Netflix group :). I have just tried your plugin and I have som questions about it. It seems that the queue function is not yet activated in Denmark. I can search and start a movie from the search results, but I can´t control anything when the movie is playing. Would be great if Pause, STOP, rewind and forward the movie was working. Why is it not working?

Thanks for great work :)

Johnathan Barker

Portal Member
    September 30, 2012
    Home Country
    As of today Denmark is also officially member of the Netflix group :). I have just tried your plugin and I have som questions about it. It seems that the queue function is not yet activated in Denmark. I can search and start a movie from the search results, but I can´t control anything when the movie is playing. Would be great if Pause, STOP, rewind and forward the movie was working. Why is it not working?

Thanks for great work :)

While Netflix is becoming available in the other countries it appears that they are not making the api available which is what allows the plugin to access there data. You can find more info about this in the first couple pages of this thread. The work around is you have to run it through a US proxy for the plugin to work. There is also information available on how to do that at the beginning of the thread

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If I use the workaround do I still get access to the movies/series with danish subtitles and for the danish movies/series do I get danish audio it is very important for the kids.

browuk

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    France France
    Great plugin, keep up the good work, A couple of issues, I have attached screen captures, is there any way this can be resolved? Why do i not see the plugin like the screenshots you provide? I have copied the netflix xml into the skin directory.

And apart from losing the mouse curser and random crashes when escaping from video, its great!

I look forward to any suggestions you may have to sorting my problem.

Attachments

• capture 1.JPG
      capture 1.JPG
      61.7 KB
    • capture 2.JPG
      capture 2.JPG
      118.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom