New OFDb (1 Viewer)

Flintz

August 26, 2009
How do I add movies where I know that the movie exists in ofdb but is not found via the importer?

For example the movie "The Dark" (yeah, stupid title), I can find it manually but cannot trick the importer to get it.

Additionally I have troubles adding "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve" the importer just doesn't find the movies.

Any tricks are highly appreciated!

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
January 29, 2005
Halle (Saale)
Home Country
Germany Germany
How do I add movies where I know that the movie exists in ofdb but is not found via the importer?

For example the movie "The Dark" (yeah, stupid title), I can find it manually but cannot trick the importer to get it.

Additionally I have troubles adding "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve" the importer just doesn't find the movies.

Any tricks are highly appreciated!
I did have this problem lately with Wayne's World 1+2. I added them manually, entered the imdb id and did an update. Maybe this works for you too.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Looks like th grabber has problems when there are special characters in the Movie title, like the apostrophe in Ocean's and the plus sign, plus apostrophe in Wayne's World 1+2.

If you look up the title in IMDB it'll work, but you have english information then. :)

shaitan

Portal Member
    June 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the same Problem with the Ocean's Movies, but I fixed it with the "info.txt" file in the movie directory.
    Content of the File was only the IMDB ID. The OFDB will find the entry and download the German Info.

e.g.

Ocean's 11: "tt0240772"
    Ocean's 12: "tt0349903"

Add this file in each "Problem-Movie-Folder" and start the Importer.

PS: check under configuration "check for info file" (or something similar) and "txt" file format

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom