New plugin - OnlineTVShows???? (hulu, joost, etc..) (4 Viewers)

Kulaa

Portal Member
February 4, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Still very interested in this plugin. If there is anything I can do please let me know. If you have the source files I will continue with the development.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
No need.. I think OnlineVideos is our main focus point... It can even do InternetTV streams all ready, works with RSS so can pretty much do any thing that BOXEE can.... Go check it out... Just key in "Online Videos"..

Up to version 0.86

Kulaa

Portal Member
February 4, 2009
Home Country
Thank you for the reply. I agree with you about OnlineVideos. Hulu being the only thing missing from MediaPortal, I would have to stick to my last post. I am still very interested in this plugin. Hulu requires a decryption or other jargon I am not fully aware of. Keith was able to figure/find this out and was successful in playing the video in MediaPortal. OnlineVideos is an awesome plugin but youtube and sort are not what I am looking for.

Kulaa

Portal Member
February 4, 2009
Home Country
Yes I am now using it. But I really like the idea Keith has so I will keep spamming him with my support. By the way Keith, miss ya and hope to hear from you soon. I was using multishortcut and Zinc. Thank you for trying to help, Zinc has to be the best thing since Hulu. Now if we could get native support for Hulu in MediaPortal, I would be on top of the World.

On a side note I hope Zinc adds NCAA Football like Basketball.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Still very interested in this plugin. If there is anything I can do please let me know. If you have the source files I will continue with the development.

Keith is still around, he has just been extremely busy at work.

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    i am looking forward to a built in hulu pluing as well...

so, obviously this isnt ideal, but hulu's new desktop app may be a temporary solution (have to load it externally i guess, but at least it will allow you to easily navigate with a remote and all that good stuff)

Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

i havent actually messed with it yet, so i have no clue what the desktop app entails. looks nice tho :p

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    i am looking forward to a built in hulu pluing as well...

so, obviously this isnt ideal, but hulu's new desktop app may be a temporary solution (have to load it externally i guess, but at least it will allow you to easily navigate with a remote and all that good stuff)

Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

i havent actually messed with it yet, so i have no clue what the desktop app entails. looks nice tho :p

you can launch the hulu app from within mediaportal using the multishortcut plugin. i just tried it out. works pretty good. i even found a way to get it to appear in the streamedmp menu here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/

eggi

Portal Member
    May 29, 2009
    sweet - apparently i am dyslexic

*plugin is what i meant...

you can launch the hulu app from within mediaportal using the multishortcut plugin. i just tried it out. works pretty good. i even found a way to get it to appear in the streamedmp menu here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ersions-130/screensaver-home-basichome-51175/

cool - i am gonna check it out this weekend. planning to do a full reinstall of mediaportal with windows7 RC:p

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    Keith is still around, he has just been extremely busy at work.

Bumping this thread.

I have been lurking for a while. I love WileE's Netflix Plugin and would like to see the same love given to Hulu. I am not looking for overkill like Online Videos, Zinc or such. Temp solution for now is Multishortcut and Hulu Desktop, but like many others I would like an integrated solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom