New Plugin: Pocket PC Remote for MP (1 Viewer)

ChuckTX

Portal Member
February 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What version of Mediaportal are you using? Maybe that's where the problem is. We'll see

Thanks, Chuck

ChuckTX

Portal Member
February 5, 2007
Home Country
I'll try going to RC2 tomorrow & see what happens then. Thanks for the help.

RobinE

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Great plugin.

I had some problems with connecting, but the IP option worked.
But after a while MP was crashing! TV was not working properly! (can't go to full screen and when I go back to the home screen the TV screen was still there ????) After I did an uninstall of the plugin MP works properly.

My system:
MP rc2
PDA: HTC P4350

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Darick,

Vs2005sp1 and .net2.0 are the requirements for MP anyways, I'd suggest changing the requirements to that if possible. Looks like a great plugin though.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Tested out darick_c's plugin. It works quite well, except it introduces a focus issue for playing video. Just enabling the plugin in MP, when I goto MyTV and play video, I can't maximize the video. If I push the green button, instead of showing a small preview in the bottom left corner, the same sized video overlays the main menu. Disabling plugin enables proper functionality.

r_a_s_robin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2008
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for writing your program darick_c. I tried it on an HTC Touch Diamond and it worked great.

However, when i tried to close the PPCremoteClient, it gave an error. Shortly after i closed the client, my phone crashed and i needed to remove the battery to shut down my phone. (that could have been an other cause like extensive use of touch flow). I'll try to reproduce the problems soon.

First suggestion to improve the layout: Make the menu tabs ('playlists', 'music', etc) all a bit smaller so they fit on one row all together without having to use the arrows <- -> on the right. Instead of writing down 'playlists', 'music', etc, you could use icons to make clear what tab you can select. or make the text smaller.

I'll look into the program some more when i have more time for it. If i can, i will try to make improvements myself as well, but i have no knowledge of programming exept for php/html, so i might fail. I could help out with design though.

Keep up the good work.

darick_c

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Home Country
    I'm glad it is working for you. I have fixed a few things, there were quite a few bugs (and still are I am sure). I will try to get the updated project posted tomorrow. I was thinking of making it a VS 2005 .Net 2.0 project instead. But that requires me to install a virtual machine since I have 2008 installed on my machine. I am aware that it is not the best layout and would welcome any suggestions to make it better.

Thanks,
    Darick

darick_c

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Home Country
    Here is the updated project. The windows client is written using WPF instead of windows forms and there is a cab for the pocket pc client. .Net 3.5 is still needed on the server (as well as the client if using the windows client).

Darick

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here is the updated project. The windows client is written using WPF instead of windows forms and there is a cab for the pocket pc client. .Net 3.5 is still needed on the server (as well as the client if using the windows client).

Darick

Still can't goto fullscreen TV. Stopping TV from the main screen doesn't work either. I installed .net 3.5sp1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom