[New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer

Hi,
I'm also using this RC3 and everything else is working except the TV Server Status.
Operating system is Win 7 64-bit.
Mp 1.1.0 beta + latest SVN.

This can by fixed by following the directions in this thread.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and

Is it the wrong one?
    Thanks

I wish I knew XD Their are so many versions and builds floating around I have no idea myself which one I should use best ;)

Have you tried streaming only for tv or also for series/movies? Another thing you could try is to remove the -quiet option from the transcoding parameters and see what output you get...

moesfeld

Portal Pro
    September 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and

Hi,
    I just have a little quesion. I just started redesigning the EPG. I want to create a EPG similar to the EPG in the Mediaportal Client.
    In your Channel-EPG you are creating a DataTable and bind it to a grid . I´m creating multiple (for testing purposes it is only one array) arrays of buttons (styled with css but the will look better then in the screenshot). When a button is pressed it is calling a new Service-Interface optaining the program info and displaying it in a Text Box/Table (I will decide that later because I liked the way you managed th "record" button in the Table)
    My question is if there are any performance downsides in calling a services interface vs. creating a DataTable on Page creation and using this as a data source?
    I didn´t notice any on my dev machine but it has a pretty punch (4x3,6Ghz + 8GB Ram). I´m new to C# and ASP and Google didn´t help in this case.
    And I would like to know if multithreading could bring any preformance boost (I want to create an interface thats nearly as smooth as the MP-Client).

P.s.: Anyone got any ideas for an alternative to the picture streamer for the channel logos [maybe storing a copy of them in the htdocs] for faster loading?

Attachments

• EPGTEST.jpg
      EPGTEST.jpg
      78.3 KB

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and

Nice to see someone finally working on this :)

I think when it comes to performance it doesn't matter much what you use.
    I just used the DataTable because it was just easier to bind it to a grid.
    Was just 1 line :D

Just send me a PM if you need other interfaces or functiones in the WebServices ;)

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004

Nice to see someone finally working on this :)

I think when it comes to performance it doesn't matter much what you use.
    I just used the DataTable because it was just easier to bind it to a grid.
    Was just 1 line :D

Just send me a PM if you need other interfaces or functiones in the WebServices ;)

Don't forget my 2 method requests ;)

Further, is it possible to stream a real mp4 file for tv-streaming with the vlc proberties, like http://server:8080/stream2.0.mp4?

Otherwhise the flv player can not handle the stream :( the stream needs a filename to handle it in the player.

peep

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

This project also opens up to the possibilities of making a webclient in silverlight and use it's media capabilities to make it possible to watch tv/videos directly in the browser (no need for VLC etc). Got no time at all to work on any projects of my own until around april, but if anyone is interrested in cooperating on such a project, please let me know :)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

• Is it possible to get the actual series objects (not episodes)?
    • Also would it be possible to also send image objects with your webservice (banners/fanart/etc.)
    • For WebChannel object, is there a way to get the status of the channel (recording, timeshifting, available, unavailable)?

:D

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006

Hi everybody,

I'd like to use vlc for transcoding, but for other reasons, I need one of the vlc 1.x versions. Gemx mentiones in post #176 in this thread that named pipes are broken in vlc > 0.98. However, in the thread he points to, there seems to be a solution: Using double anti-slashes, when specifying the named pipe. My problem is, that there's only the variable "{1}" for the name of the named pipe, so I can't change it to using double anti-slashes.

Is there a workaround for this? Has anyone got it to work with vlc 1.x?

Thanks,
    Michael

edit:
    oh, and by the way, there is still the profile included in the installer from post #178 in this thread. I don't know if it works at all, but in any case there is a typo: I think it shouldn't be "...access=f ile..." but "...access=file..." (a space too much) ;-)

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello, it's me again with still the same problem...

Please: Can somebody send me his mencoder.exe via eMail, PN, attachment or FTP? I can't use the streams except the "direct"-one.

Thanks in advance

shh26_83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i have the same Problem, pleas take a downlowdlink online with the correct mencoder.exe!

thangs

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom