[New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and MP (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Re: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and

Have you tried setting the input from file to named pipes? That helped for me getting mencoder to work. But I can't get mencoder to transcode to h264 - that's why I want to use vlc... (and because I have vlc installed anyway and want to keep my system clean - i.e. not another program...)
    cheers,
    Michael

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: [New Plugin] WebServices + Transcoded streaming + Web Interface for TvServer and

Hey.

When I set "Input file" to "named pipe", the vlc media player only says:

"main info: vlc wird mit dem Standard-Interface ausgeführt. Benutzen Sie 'cvlc', um vlc ohne Interface zu verwenden.
    avi error: avi module discarded (invalid file)"

Again, the direct-stream still works ;)

Biffa001

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008

silly question but will this work over my home network, i.e from my HTPC to my laptop?

Biffa001

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008

cool, but will it work with MP 1.0.2?

Biffa001

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008

I'm loathed to upgrade to the 1.1 BETA as I have everything installed and working on my 1.0.2!

If I upgraded I'm assuming I would need to set up again my TV channels, recordings schedules, my TV Series, My Moving Pictures etc etc ?

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry... does nobody want to send me his mencoder.exe - I just want to test streaming...

Thanks

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Sorry... does nobody want to send me his mencoder.exe - I just want to test streaming...

Thanks

Hey man,

sry completely forgot, here you go: mencoder.exe

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I'm loathed to upgrade to the 1.1 BETA as I have everything installed and working on my 1.0.2!

If I upgraded I'm assuming I would need to set up again my TV channels, recordings schedules, my TV Series, My Moving Pictures etc etc ?

Not too sure about the upgrade (since I have been upgrading svn builds, not stables) but for me the last update round did not loose my channels or scgedules.
    All the others you reference too can be backed up and put into place afterwards (backup the sqlite db's associated and the thumbs/plugindir)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom