New Plugin : Yahoo Music Videos (1 Viewer)

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
I want to make a list of most wanted features in this plugin, so i wait suggestions .........

dukus

Portal Pro
January 20, 2006
Home Country
Romania Romania
Another update, spell checking in search, google like : Did you mean ... , and some bug fix in player .

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi dukus

This is great, you just got me hooked on this one :)

Vista Codec pack plays these straight off, another +1 for that as well (used with Vista since brought\installed, so can highly recommend).

Many Thanks for the addiction, saves the beer and cigarettes :D

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see there is now a V5, which I haven't tried yet, but with V4.1 the skin files get killed every time you install a new SVN. I had to reinstall the plugin, following updating to the last two SVN versions. After updating, the left menus are blank except for the list view entry. There are additional menu tabs, but no text in any of them.

I just uninstalled 4.1, using the MPInstaller util in the MP directory. I then installed the new V5.

Now whenever I select Yahoo Music from the menu, I get a black screen that says " missing or invalid file" in the middle of it. Something must be wrong with the skin files included with the V5 release. I'm using B2W, & selected to install the files for B2, B2W, & Aeon during install of the plugin.

I just tried the other two skins. They both do the same thing. The yahoo xml files are present in each of the skins directories.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    I see there is now a V5, which I haven't tried yet, but with V4.1 the skin files get killed every time you install a new SVN. I had to reinstall the plugin, following updating to the last two SVN versions. After updating, the left menus are blank except for the list view entry. There are additional menu tabs, but no text in any of them.

I just uninstalled 4.1, using the MPInstaller util in the MP directory. I then installed the new V5.

Now whenever I select Yahoo Music from the menu, I get a black screen that says " missing or invalid file" in the middle of it. Something must be wrong with the skin files included with the V5 release. I'm using B2W, & selected to install the files for B2, B2W, & Aeon during install of the plugin.

I just tried the other two skins. They both do the same thing. The yahoo xml files are present in each of the skins directories.

Only saw the upload of the new version yesterday, tried it and get the same result - will look at this this evening but something is not right or has changed with this release.....

Trevor

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Not the skin files are broken, the language file. It is overwrite by the svn language file. But if you reinstall the plugin should solve the problem.

I take a look in latest version maybe i messed up something ....

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Not the skin files are broken, the language file. It is overwrite by the svn language file. But if you reinstall the plugin should solve the problem.

I take a look in latest version maybe i messed up something ....

Just checked this B2 and it works....but...seems there is a get token option in the plugin config now, I went through that procdure and fired up MP & the Plugin and it works??? Not sure if that is the problem as should have tried the plugin before I did that.....

@Dukus

I notice the videowindow control no longer works, just a blank screen - did you change something?

Trevor

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I notice the videowindow control no longer works, just a blank screen - did you change something?
    Just i try it and for me working, take a look if the video overlay is disabled in skin file, but should be disabled.

.but...seems there is a get token option in the plugin config now, I went through that procedure and fired up MP & the Plugin and it works???
    This is the method how should identify to yahoo services, but a "lite bit" bugy, so please ignore it

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Just i try it and for me working, take a look if the video overlay is disabled in skin file, but should be disabled.

Sorry, problem this end...after installing the 5 update the Yahoo FLV Player became disabled....

Just been doing the Now Playing screens and noticed a problem, not sure if skin or plugin related, but keyboard control gets lost when entering now playing for the 2nd time..only key still working is ESC - as on laptop here not sure if this affects remotes as well.

Actions to repeat

enter plugin
    select video (switches to full screen)
    ESC
    RIGHT arrow for menu
    select now playing
    ** all ok
    ESC
    Select differnet video
    switches to full screen
    ESC
    ** no longer able to move around using cursor keys

If someone else can test this...may be something odd this end, Laptop or Vista 64 related...

Trevor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom