New Plugin : Yahoo Music Videos (3 Viewers)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Now Playing skins for Aeon Wide and B2 Wide

I have updated the Now Playing screen for Aeon Wide using the Video Window control, the attached screen shot does not show the video playing but it is there...problem with screen grab.

I Noticed that the B2 wide Now Playing screen did not make it to the V5 release so also include this.

Cheers
Trevor

Attachments

• 20-08-18.jpg
    20-08-18.jpg
    93 KB
  • 20-11-54.jpg
    20-11-54.jpg
    64.5 KB

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So V5 is working for you Trevor?

I've tried removing & reinstalling the plugin again, but still get a black screen with the missing file error. I've checked the logs, but see no reference to a missing xml file. The logs are full of ....does not reference an instance of an object.... errors. I've attached my logs.

V5 does install the now playing file for b2W. I uninstalled the plugin, & checked the b2W skin folder - there were no yahoo files in there. I installed the V5 plugin & checked the skin folder again. There were now 3 yahoo files; info, main, & nowplaying.

I checked my config, & the flv player is not disabled on my setup.

Any idea on what's going wrong here?

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The problem is the new token thing. Without going through the process for the token, the plugin doesn't work. As soon as I completed that process, the skin displays fine.

That's odd this didn't automerge.

Just been doing the Now Playing screens and noticed a problem, not sure if skin or plugin related, but keyboard control gets lost when entering now playing for the 2nd time..only key still working is ESC - as on laptop here not sure if this affects remotes as well.

Actions to repeat

enter plugin
    select video (switches to full screen)
    ESC
    RIGHT arrow for menu
    select now playing
    ** all ok
    ESC
    Select differnet video
    switches to full screen
    ESC
    ** no longer able to move around using cursor keys

If someone else can test this...may be something odd this end, Laptop or Vista 64 related...

Trevor

It's because the plugin is causing Mediaportal to 'crash'. V4.1 did this as well. An error box has popped up behind MP saying that an error has occurred & that it needs to close.

Once things go wrong, all select commands after that result in the Windows 'dunk' error sound. The odd thing is you can still play videos or use other parts of MP, but that annoying sound will stick with you till you relaunch MP. I use a remote, so I could still navigate, but I see it does cause a loss of keyboard control. I assume this is from the error requester stealing focus.

I tried using alt-enter to bring MP out of fullscreen to find out what was causing the 'dunk' sounds. Most of the time I would do this, the error msg would go away, & MP would go on working normally. Rarely would the error window stay there. I changed the setting in MP config/general, so 'Keep MP always on top' was off. This allows the error box to open on top under these conditions, although it sometimes opens behind anyway.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    It's because the plugin is causing Mediaportal to 'crash'. V4.1 did this as well. An error box has popped up behind MP saying that an error has occurred & that it needs to close.

Once things go wrong, all select commands after that result in the Windows 'dunk' error sound. The odd thing is you can still play videos or use other parts of MP, but that annoying sound will stick with you till you relaunch MP. I use a remote, so I could still navigate, but I see it does cause a loss of keyboard control. I assume this is from the error requester stealing focus.

I tried using alt-enter to bring MP out of fullscreen to find out what was causing the 'dunk' sounds. Most of the time I would do this, the error msg would go away, & MP would go on working normally. Rarely would the error window stay there. I changed the setting in MP config/general, so 'Keep MP always on top' was off. This allows the error box to open on top under these conditions, although it sometimes opens behind anyway.

Thanks x4mer, good to that it is a plugin problem (had sound turned off on the laptop so missed the 'dunk' sound!) only noticed it on the laptop so was not 100% sure what was causing it.

Also good to know that you have to setup the token suff, I suspected it might be that as the error msg was not a skin msg...

As for the B2 Wide now playing screen it is the latest update that has not made it to the V5 release, there is a version with the plugin but that is V4, I modified the file from V4.1.

@Dukus Seems you have some things to look at....

Trevor

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Updated to v0.5.1
    Fixed token bug(wich seen to work ) and the navigation
    I added video station to view menu

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for the fixes.

There's a new issue now with navigation. I only fiddled with the plugin for a short time last night, but it continued to be problematic the whole time. I go in to a genre/subgenre, & pick a video. Then either the video ends, returning to the menu, or I back out manually. Either way, the menu list being displayed is not the one I chose the song from. I have to press back once, & then I'm at the previous list, with the song I had played still highlighted in the list. I wondered what had happened the first time, as it's kind of disorienting when you don't see where you left off.

What is video station supposed to be?

I was expecting it to be a genre specific stream of videos back to back, like those DJ free radio stations on digi-cable & satellite. But after selecting it, it doesn't seem much different than just going in to the genre section.

You said you were looking for feedback & suggestions.

Once I'm playing a video fullscreen, & back out to the selection screen, I can't make the currently playing video go back to full screen. Same thing regarding going into now playing, & wanting to go back to fullscreen.

I'd like to be able to do it via remote, but I see that I can't even click the video windows with my mouse to make it active. With the TV plugin, you can navigate to the window in tv home, causing a bracket to light around it. Pressing select brings TV to full screen. Is this possible or can it be added?

Could the country selection be put at the bottom of the left menu, like the original Yahoo music plugin, instead of tucked away in a context menu? There's nothing else in the options menu anyway......at least not that I've seen.

Thanks for your work on this plugin, it's much appreciated.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    The video component think looks like be a skin problem

Sorted the video select problem with both B2 Wide and Aeon wide, differnet for each skin.

B2 Wide - continue down from last menu item will hightlight the overlay, hit return to select
    Aeon wide - New menu option (Switch to Fillscreen)
    Now Playing screen - arrow towards the preview window to highlight, select for full screen.

All 3 skins files have been altered so you need the lot...

Trevor

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Something odd

Dukus,

Any idea what is going on here (screenshot)

This is the first time I had installed the plugin on my main system, works fin on the laptop and dev machines (all same version of MP) - missing something but dont know what..

This is what happens when I hit 'get token' in the plugin config...

Cheers

Trevor

Attachments

• token.jpg
      token.jpg
      22.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom