NEW: Series and Movie support for MP2 MediaLibrary [2012-07-01] (1 Viewer)

Isias

Portal Member
March 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's looking absolutly amazing. I'm glad MP will have its own series database managment and the video section gets a major overhaul. It's looking great. Could you maybe, since the patterns you can scan series for get enhanced anyway, also add to scan for the "Comment" field in the .xml? In TNT Series HD, a german pay TV broadcast station from Sky, the episode names always get displayed in the comment tag. That way, if you could use that one as well to prevent duplication, it would save a lot of time scanning manually for double recordings. And it would save a lot of hard drive space as well :- )

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please add a .xml example file, so I can check.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    is there somewhere i can force MP2 (tvseries) to default to the "Title" view with "filter tv series" instead of the current fefault ?
    same request for MP2(movies) to default to title view with "Show all"

Isias

Portal Member
    March 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please add a .xml example file, so I can check.
    Thank you for your fast response, I added an example .xml file. The season episode name is "Mein freier Tag" in the comment field in the .xml from the series Scrubs. This applies to all series aired on TNT Serie HD.

Considering that the grabber is able to grab various informations and dump it into the .xml but not all TV broadcasting stations are providing the same information in their EPG in the same field. it might be helpful if you could specify the field where to compare for duplicated records based on each sheduled repeating recording individualy based on channel X.

E.g. for sheduled repeating recordings (series):
    TV Station: Pro7 -> Scan in "Title" in the .xml
    TV Station: TNT Serie HD -> Scan in "Comment" in the .xml

Thank you for looking into this.

Attachments

• Scrubs - Die Anfänger.xml
      1.1 KB
    Last edited:

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello.
    First of all - thanks for your amazing work - the screenshots look absolutely fantastic.
    I just tried to test the new Summer Alpha release, but interestingly none of my Series are recognized (except of one Series one Season). And even for this Series no Fanart or anything is downloaded.
    The installation is a multi-seat-setup: One Server and one Client. The Series are all on the Server. The folder structure looks like this:
    Series Name - Series Name and Episode Number
    and the file name look like this:
    Series Name - Season Number Episode Number - Episode Title
    Which logs are needed to check why the import is not working (or better - no series are recognized)?
    Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom