New Series Banners aren't downloading (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As far as I can tell its a thetvdb.com issue, I reported it last night and they fixed it for the series I was having problems with.

I guess the plugin should better handle when it encounters a error with the XML so that it doesnt completely stop the import process (will look at that a bit later).

In the mean time, if you can find out what series are failing for you may want to re-save the information online:

Online TV Database • View topic - XML issues with CSI Miami (possibly others)

Damien

Hi Damien,
    I can confirm - the update stops always at the same point. After deleting this series from the local DB, it was stopping at another point - so it seems, that several entries are somehow broken.
    I think the most inportant thing would be as you mentioned to fix the plugin, so it does not stop when encountering a problem, but instead writing an according entry in the logfile and continue with the "rest of the work". By this it would also be much easier to report broken DB-entries to tvdb by providing the information from the logfiles.
    regards, Guzzi

In the next version I have put some checking in to determine where the problem is so it can be reported. It will also continue gracefully.

This is still occuring on some series, a user reported Hogan's Heroes this morning. I also saw problems with UTF8 encoding of some other language XMLs.

In the meantime, if you are having problems attach a debug log and I will check for you.

trythisone

Portal Member
    April 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Tranquil,

i'm also a user of Kaspersky, could you tell me which option you chose to allow the banners etc to download, i have white listed 'thetvdb.com' site for banners, but thats only in my internet browser.

If you'd mind helping out i'd be greatful.

:D

EDIT: Weird, managed it in the end, but you have to delete the database and start from scratch once you've allowed it.

I'd never have thought Kaspersky was the problem if I hadn't seen your post.
    However after adding thetvdb.com to the whitelist all you need to do is delete any series with blank images from the
    MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners directory

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom