NEW: Series and Movie support for MP2 MediaLibrary [2012-07-01] (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After we have discussed about new metadata aspects (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/discussion-of-metadata-tags.105951/) I finally started to implement some new cool features for MP2's media library:

MP2 is now able to browse series! Ok, it's not yet MP TVSeries, but I want to show all users how easy it is to extend the core features!

What was needed can be summarized as:
    In principle I did this in one afternoon, so be excited and join :DI did not need to change any database table, it is fully controlled by the MediaLibrary itself.

Here I must say a big thank you to Albert for designing the Media Plugin and MP2 so flexible!

Edit 2012-04-03:
    I made some more progress and internally simplified the series information handling a lot. We now are able to retrieve Series informations from:
    • TvServer recording .xml-files
    • MatroskaTags
    • new: filename matchings using regular expressions
    I've made the "episode number" a list of numbers, so combined episodes can be handled correctly:
    i.e. "Stargate Universe S01E01_02 - Die Destiny.avi" (pilot of 2 episodes) -> we store "1" and "2" as episode numbers for this entry (see screenshot 11)

Here are first screenshots of navigation features, taken from default skin:
    01_series.jpg02_series.jpg03_all_episodes.jpg04_season_filter.jpg05_filtered.png

As requested, here are new screenshots of Reflexion skin ;)
    06_reflexion_series.jpg07_reflexion_series.jpg08_reflexion_all_episodes.jpg09_reflexion_series_grid.jpg10_reflexion_season_filter.jpg11_reflexion_multi_episodes.jpg

Update 2012-04-13: Support for Banners and Posters
    12_reflexion_banners.jpg13_reflexion_posters.jpg
    I have created a new ImageSource to be used from xaml screens in a very simple way:
    Code:
    <Image Width="400" Height="100" Stretch="Uniform">
      <Image.Source>
        <fanart:FanArtImageSource fanart:FanArtMediaType="Series" fanart:FanArtType="Banner" fanart:FanArtName="Eureka"/>
      </Image.Source>
    </Image>

Update 2012-04-15: Online matching of Series implemented, downloading banners, posters and fan art images while importing share
    Updated images from Reflexion skin, adjusted sizes to match screen better:
    14_reflexion_random_banners.jpg15_reflexion_random_banners.jpg

Update 2012-05-29:
    • Extended features for Series: FanArt can be displayed inside Series library.
    • Improved Reflexion skin layouts
    • Brand new: sneak preview of Movie section (WiP)
    16_fanart_series_1.jpg17_fanart_series_2.jpg18_fanart_seriesbanner_1.jpg

Movie Section (WiP)
    19_fanart_seriesbanner_2.jpg20_fanart_movies_1.jpg21_fanart_movies_2.jpg

Update 2012-06-11:
    • Code for Series and Movie handling is progressing quite nice, so it's now time to work on Reflexion skin support for those features!
    • New screenshots attached, showing new layout concept. This is WiP, i.e. menu is deactivated in this screen and I am looking for a working solution to implement a "slide-in-menu".
    22_movie_new_layout.jpg23_movie_new_layout.jpg24_movie_new_layout.jpg

Update 2012-06-30:
    • Made progress in showing a "slide-in-menu", it's nearly working besides a small focus issue ;)
    • The layout of the movie section has been further improved (thanks Furnibird!) :)
    25_slidemenu_filter.jpg26_movies.jpg27_movies.jpg28_movies.jpg29_slidemenu.jpg

Update 2012-07-01:
    Development has gone further, trying to use a different layout for movies. We are now able to use animated Brushes in MP2. Maybe this does not sound so spectacular, but indeed it looks really great ;)

To get an idea how this could work, check out this movie: http://tinypic.com/r/2gy1us0/6

In reality it looks even smoother than on this capture :D

Last edited:

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello.

I have just "installed" the Easter-Build of MP 2. When I start MP2 i can see the option "Series" - but how can I add my series here? Inside the "Share"-Configuration there's nothing like "Series".

Thanks for your help

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You need to chose only "videos" when configuring a share, it also scans for series then. Not sure if we should introduce a new sharetype "series", but it would be easily extendable...

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well - if i choose videos the series are added unter videos :(
    is the "scanning" logged? Then i will try to reproduce it and post the logs.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, the series are also added under videos. But you will find them also inside the "Series" section, available from home menu.

This means currently series will be found inside "Videos" and "Series", but in the later one you have more detailed information and filtering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom