NEW: Series and Movie support for MP2 MediaLibrary [2012-07-01] (1 Viewer)

riggnix

Portal Pro
September 8, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
nice work!

one thing, i really think is important is support for multiple languages of series.
most of my series have two languages (2 audio tracks in one file OR 2 separate files). it should be possible for an series metadata extractor to get episode names and stuff in multiple languages. and later on some GUI plugin should let the user choose the displayed/played language.

i know, it's much too soon to implement something like that, i just think it should be considered when building the ground work, to make it easily extendable.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is already possible to have correct languages:
    • MP2 has a setting for preferred Language
    • When I query TheTvDB I first try to match the Series in the preferred language (setting)
    • Playback of video files tries to remember the latest chosen audio language and to preselect it for next video

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    so it has the ability to look for multiple languages online, but can it store multiple languages? like if an episode is available in 2 languages (maybe parsed by file name?), is MP able to save name, description, ... in both languages?

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Morpheus,

in the last days i have read a lot of the new MP2, especially the database concept.
    If i had understood it correctly, MP2 will only have one Database for all stuff (EPG, Series, Movies, etc.).

A Great feature would be, if all datas in the Database are linked with the EPG Data, like i have done this in my MP1 Plugin Clickfinder ProgramGuide.

Advantages:
    • Series- and episodenr. for local existing series can be used for EPG (no need to get data from theTvDb.com)
    • missing episodes of local existing series can be marked in the EPG as "New Episode" or the user can directly search for these episodes.
    • same thing on Movies: if the movie exist local, it can be marked as local in the EPG describtion
    At my opinion, that will be a really great feature for MP2, if this is included directly.

OffTopic:
    Is there a Wiki page for plugin developement out there or can some give me a link to an example plugin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom