New shows set as watched (1 Viewer)

Crew

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Hi

I've just installed the latest version and after forgetting to export my watched status I went to each series and clicked "set all as watched".

However now ever newly imported show is being automatically set as watched. Why is this? Is this behaviour localised to me or was it intended? I thought clicking set all as watched on a series would set every one of its children to watched not permanently making everything (even new shows) watched.

Andrew

Crew

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Not really as it didn't say 'Set show as watched" it said "Set all as watched" which would be the logical action for setting all of the children of this show to watched while newly added eps would be unwatched.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not really as it didn't say 'Set show as watched" it said "Set all as watched" which would be the logical action for setting all of the children of this show to watched while newly added eps would be unwatched.

If you download episode information for whole series then it will set watched status for those episodes as well.

I guess the option could be tweaked to only work on items that are visible in the facade.

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So just to be clear there is no easy way to set all the current episodes you have as watched all at once and than have new episodes you add show up as unwatched?

To correct I'll have to mark the "series" as unwatched and then go in and mark each episode as watched? In this way newly added episodes withh show up as unwatched?:eek:

bluenote

Portal Member
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is this still the behaviour? I just switched over to mediaportal, and of course I used the 'set all watched' feature to mark my imported shows as watched. But if it actually is setting all episodes, even unaired ones as watched then I've just shot myself in the foot.. Is there some kind of workaround?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom