New Skin! Slick, lean and mean! "Finished" (1 Viewer)

jontaz1000

Portal Member
October 10, 2005
Sweden
Hi everybody!

I have been watching MediaPortal closely for a while now. Been wanting to contribute with something, but unfortunatly my busy schedule doesn't allow me to do any hardcore programming. However, as I had the day off (sick) I've been messing around with the BlueTwo skin which is by far my favorite skin and I wanted to make a variation of it. I did and I think it turned out pretty good 8)

I feel that the skins now available for MediaPortal don't really have that slick professional look that makes people go WOW!!

I haven't asked for permission to use any graphics from the creator of BlueTwo (awesome job BTW!), if you read this and wan't me to remove my version of your skin let me know.

I haven't changed any of the seperate graphic-files, only the compressed "packedgfx" files. Hopefully it will work anyway. I also have no idea what the TV section looks like as I don't have a TV-card.

Enough talk, here are the sceenshots:

ixe0ko.jpg

iwm743.jpg

iwm7a9.jpg

iwn1ux.jpg

iwm7w6.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

ftp://piraten.serveftp.com/BlueTwo_Metal_Dark.rar

/Jonas

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    nice work...my tv tends to be a bit washed out and the white just doesnt look quite white to me in the bluetwo skin...hope the contrast difference between black and white in this skin will make this look better :)

jontaz1000...if u like u can upload this new skin onto the new www.team-mediaportal.com site ....so others can find it and u dont need to waste your bandwidth :)

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Every new skin for MP, is a good skin. We need more of them.
    And this one looks really nice! :D

I will try later what it looks like on my HTPC...

Regards
    Ralph

jontaz1000

Portal Member
    October 10, 2005
    Sweden
    Thanks for the response!

I have now polished the skin a little bit. Found out I forgot to alter a few things like the myTetris buddy icon and a couple of other things. If your myTetris icon is blue instead of gray, just download the skin again.

I will make a 16x9 version of the skin early january.

If you have any suggestion how to improve the skin please write!

/Jonas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom