New to StreamedMP, some questions (1 Viewer)

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
August 5, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I new to Mediaportal and expecially to StreamedMP so I got a few questions now and some more will surely pop up, while I get started ;)

- is it possible to use Fanart for the TVseries and MovingPictures Background in the Home Menu? The perfect solution for me would be, that e.g. for each series in the TVseries directory one picture is taken for the main menu and these pictures show up as background images (changing over time, e.g. every 10 seconds a new one), when the main menu is set to TVseries. The same goes for Moving Pictures

- How do I change the background images anyway? I have the background picture for Live TV as for TVSeries (at the moment the picture for the series Dexter), and I've no idea how it got there...

- any idea how to get a cleaner TV guide, when it comes to the colors, are there mods?
I use MP 1.2.3 and try to avoid changing to MP 1.3 until it gets final (due to stability)

- I use the vertical style with the smaller left background bar. In the beginning with stock settings I had the option to show the close/shutdown/restart options in a vertical order with names, now it shows buttons in a horizontal order. I'd prefer the vertical lineup - how do I get it back?

- Any chance to get a popup window in LiveTV where my current channel number input will be shown?
E.G. I type a 1 --> a popup shows a 1 --> I add a 2 --> pop window shows 12
Every other TV has that, why not MP? It quite good to avoid wrong inputs...

That's it for now, thanks in advance for any help!

Greets

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes you can use tv/movie/music fanart as the background images in basic home.
    Open the streamedmp editor and go to the 'basic home design' tab, here you can add and remove menu items for basic home. on the right hand side is a list of menu items currently in your home, select one you want to use fan art for, then click edit and then check, use fan art for this item, then save.
    Do that for each item you want basic home to display your fan art on.

To manually set an image as a background navigate to the following

C/program data/team mediaportal/mediaportal/skin/streamedmp/media/smpbackgrounds

then place your desired images in the relevant folder, once you have images in there you can then go to the default back ground images tab in the editor and click change for each menu item you wish to change, your new images you added should be present.

once done, clear the skin cache and click generate menu.

Setting the time each image is displayed for i think is done in the fanart handler plugin itself.

Not sure on which version of MP you are using but the new 1.3alpha has better colour coding for the TV guide.

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, it work just fine, but now I get an error when trying to open TVSeries ("missing or invalid file").
    Any idea what that means?

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    missing a skin file or cannot find your backdrop maybe, is this after enabling fan art for tvseries or manually changing a single backdrop?

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I set a background for TV manually, changed the quality of fanart in the fanart plugin settings and enabled fanart for Moving pictures and TVseries...

Moving Pictures still works, TVseries does not...

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Not sure, post a log and im sure someone will be able to help.

If you turn off enable fanart for tvseries you still get the error?

Did you delete any images? the dexter default image ?

Last edited:

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, images were not deleted, I just copied a new default.jpg into the TV folder...

here's the logs

Edit: Got it solved, there was a empty import path, no idea how it got there :p

New question:
    Any chance to get a popup window in LiveTV where my current channel number input will be shown?
    E.G. I type a 1 --> a popup shows a 1 --> I add a 2 --> pop window shows 12
    Every other TV has that, why not MP? It quite good to avoid wrong inputs...

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    - I use the vertical style with the smaller left background bar. In the beginning with stock settings I had the option to show the close/shutdown/restart options in a vertical order with names, now it shows buttons in a horizontal order. I'd prefer the vertical lineup - how do I get it back?
    Do you mean a vertical sub-menu? If so, you can just create this yourself from the BasicHome Editor. From the BasicHome design tab, select the menu items that you want to have a sub-menu and then click the edit/add submenu button. In here you can add the Shutdown, restart etc buttons that you need.

Zeppelin

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I think you got me wrong:
    I do not mean to add a submenu to existing menu points.

I mean the menu you can access from the home menu with "direction left" (at least if you have the Basic vertical style). I can access with "direction left" the bottom left buttons for restart, exit,... , which then become illuminated.

I had at the beginning, with the Stock StreamedMP Style, the same options, but they were shown as menu points in vertical order, not as buttons. And the menu was hidden when not selected...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom