New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
disaster123,
I would like to use Episodescanner in combination with TvWishList. Is there a way that Episodescanner can read a file with program Ids or program names and then tries to attach the episode number and the series number to the database? I need for a specific list of programs the episodenumber and series number before creating a schedule. Any idea how i can do that?

Last edited:

owilsky

Portal Pro
July 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes, I would also like this possibility. Just a text file with one series name per line would be sufficient for me and easy to implement I guess.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Can someone explain to me exactly what "Series in Cache as unknown" means?
I have run episode scanner and it finds tries to match episodes of "The Office" some examples of subtitles are "Health care" "The Lover" "The Alliance" and it reports "Series in Cache as unknown". Infact it says this for all episodes of "the office"

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Do the regex episode substitutions apply only to the subtitle??
Does it also substitute for the Series Title?

I think that Episode SCanner is not working for "The Office" because TheTVDB lists The Office as The Office (US), but the substitutions dont seem to remedy this

maso

Portal Member
August 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Keneo, I just happened across your post, but I have EpisodeScanner working beautifully with The Office. You have to change the name of it in the mysql database first.

Here's what I have in my batch file (which I run every night about 30min after I do an EPG update):

Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum=''

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='The Office (US)' where title='The Office';"

D:
cd "D:\programs\episodescanner"

bin\episodescanner.exe

Hope that's helpful.

Keneo

Portal Pro
August 28, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey thanks for the tip

I use MSSQL So I will have to write my own code. But thanks for giving me the idea
Too bad it's the last season for the office but I can probably use this with other problem series

nachttier

Portal Pro
March 31, 2006
Viernheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
For me episodescanner does nothing. I have a Server-Client-Setup and episodescanner is on the TV-Server. So I disabled everything related to the tvseries database in the config. Can this be the problem? Also I tried with single schedules and recurring schedules. I think the episode numbers for upcoming schedules should be updated in the TV-Server MySQL-DB, right?
Here is my log from run_debug.bat:
Code:
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:28 2013] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:28 2013] use global TVDB API Key
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:28 2013] got Win32 Codepage:
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:28 2013] got resolved alias:
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:28 2013] using MySQL
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:32 2013] TVDB Backend successfully initialized.
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:32 2013] START seriessearch
[Sat Mar  2 14:24:32 2013] END seriessearch

[Sat Mar  2 14:24:32 2013] END
I'm getting exactly the same debug output as ixdvc. Using a singleseat installation.
I had a look at the MySQL database and it looks okay-isch - I'm by no means an SQL expert. There is one schedule in the table with 'scheduleType' set to 2, so I guess episodescanner should at least inspect that entry.
Maybe @disaster123 can have a look at it.

Edit: just noticed that there is also a field named 'series' in the schedule table. That one has the value 0, but changing it to 1 makes no difference.

Last edited:

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
I tried to get this running a while ago but kept getting the same (empty) output, Thought I'd give this latest version a try but it's no different...
I also have 0 in the series field but my schedule type is 8.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to get this running a while ago but kept getting the same (empty) output, Thought I'd give this latest version a try but it's no different...
I also have 0 in the series field but my schedule type is 8.

I think it don't work anymore. 404 did you use Mediaportal 1.4 or which Version. I have noticed this problem with Mediaportal 1.4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom