New Tool: episodescanner - adds series and episodenumbers to your MP or 4TR EPG (1 Viewer)

anngi

July 19, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
can somebody tell me what I do wrong in my bat file for rewriting the names in the database because all entries with "umlaute" (ä,ü,ö) won't be chanced. Especially because of CSI: Vegas and Bones on thetvdb...episodescanner didn't found anything...even if the german long name is available as alias on the tvdb.

Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin"
mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum=''
mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Bones' where title='Bones - Die Knochenjägerin';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET episodeNum='' WHERE episodeNum!='' AND seriesNum=''
mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI: Vegas';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='Law and Order: SVU' where title='Law & Order: Special Victims Unit';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: Den Tätern auf der Spur' where title='CSI - Den Tätern auf der Spur';"

mysql.exe -uroot -pMediaPortal mptvdb -e "UPDATE mptvdb.program SET title='CSI: New York' where title='CSI:NY';"
C:
cd "C:\Users\Annemarie\Downloads\episodescanner\episodescanner"
bin\episodescanner.exe

Last edited:

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Oh dear... (n)

Episode Scanner just irrecoverably deleted all my media! :cry:

I foolishly activated the cleanup part in the config...
$cleanup_recordingfiles = 0;
However, my directory structure includes a 'movies' folder and a 'Series' Folder, which themselves contain folders (ie. no .ts files etc).
Therefore, when Episode Scanner saw my 'Movies' folder with no media files in it, it deleted it... along with all my movies. Same goes for all my TV Series.

I just downloded this to see if I could get better series/episode info... now i'm off to try and find some kind of industrial undeleter.

:(

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Autsch is right... thanks pur_berger. Sadly, it went from bad to worse... I managed to undelete, but then discovered all the files had been zero'd - ie. zero bytes. I then used another tool, got the 800GB of data back, and then lost it again... permanantly (zero'd files)... dont ask! (n)
Its too sad to keep trying with my lost files, so im moving on.
I've put dummy .ts files in movies/series folders now, so i can still use the cleanup scripts without disaster.

Anyway, time for me to say something relevant...

[1] - The tool doesn't seem to do anything for me. See attached log.
Note: There is a lot of mainstream stuff in my schedules - eg. NCIS / CSI / Mentalist / etc etc...
Code:
[Sun Feb  9 11:54:10 2014] START seriessearch
[Sun Feb  9 11:54:10 2014] END seriessearch
(yes, i live in the future)

[2] - #remove recordings which are also listed at tvseries <-- What does this do?
Im trying to use TVSeries with recorded TV programs (hence why im here in the first place).
Does this remove scheduled recordings if an entry for the same SxxExx exists in the TV Series db?

[3] - How does this tool actually work? ie. what is it using to extract the Season/Episode data? Is it description text from the EPG / .xml?

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TVMovie.de - or better - the Clickfinder Software that uses TVMovie EPG Data, have changed a little and now there will be the Season and Episodenumber writen in the Episode "Namefield" if there is no Name available. (like S01E01 instead of "Episodename")

Is there a chance that someone can modify the Episodescanner to use that? :)

Tranquility

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, I recently talked to the Clickfinder developer. The mix of episode name and numbering is caused by a redesign of the database on the TVMovie.de site. The Clickfinder team currently tries to fix manually the wrong datasets and uses the S#E# format as episode name as a workaround. They hope that TVMovie.de will fix the database soon, then everything should work again.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah okay. Thanks for the Info. But why they dont keep the S#E# formating in some form? This could make things much easier.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i use Clickfinder. Since a year or so... It was hard to get free EPG Sources running fine. Yes, you will not get Episode Informations with Clickfinder. (If anyone knows a good German EPG Source with it please let us know!) Episodescanner can help but you will not get 100% with it.

what about epgdata.com ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom