New toy: Asrock ION 330 (1 Viewer)

dumbo79

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There is currently a bug in TsReader which causes stuttering with HD content.
It's currently being investigated.
For recordings - just rename them to .mkv for the moment so they are processed by the Haali splitter ;)

Do you know if there are any idea of what the problem could be? And when it's possible fix this issue?
Is it possible to see in some logs what's going wrong?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Problem in TsReader is solved and already in SVN. There were some unecessary loops which kept the CPU quite busy.
    So at least HD plays back fine but we are still fiddling with some fine tuning in EVR to solve the dropped frames issue

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    How is the ASRock for multi-tasking, e.g. can you record TV in Media Portal, while running Skype and/or iTunes at the same time?

I've read differing reports.

TauTau

Portal Member
    November 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't get a picture on TV using VGA2SCART and Powerstrip (couldn't find how to set the nvidia driver to the required settings) on Win7. Anyone using this with a scart adapter?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recording doesn't use much system resources, since it only parses some headers of the stream and writes them to disk.
    You can probably run about 5 recordings at the same time and with a 10 % increase of CPU usage.
    So you probably won't even notice if a single recording is running as far as CPU usage is concerned.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Thanks.

I wonder how it would hold up with iTunes though. I understand that it's a notorious resource hog.
    Would want to use it to stream to Airport Express, possibly while recording or watching something on the media center.

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Hello all,

I've got a 330HT - Anyone managed to get this pretty but whiny box to start MP from the big green button. I've tried mptraymod and irss so far with no success (Win7 pro).

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    I plumped for the Acer Aspire Revo R3610 in the end - no optical drive, so it's completely silent unless you put your head right next to it (in a quiet room) - £200 from Ebuyer.

I was tempted by the ASRock with a Blu-ray drive, but the extra cost of the hardware, added to the cost of a BD decoder, made this a simple decision.

So far, it's working well, but I have yet to hook it up to an HD screen.

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Recording doesn't use much system resources, since it only parses some headers of the stream and writes them to disk.
    You can probably run about 5 recordings at the same time and with a 10 % increase of CPU usage.
    So you probably won't even notice if a single recording is running as far as CPU usage is concerned.

- Does HDTV recording change this?

- How about streaming multiple HD streams to other clients?

- What is the bottleneck with a MP TV server normally, if used to record & stream multiple HD channels, while watching a live one:
    - the hard disc drives?
    - the HDD interface (PCI, PCIe, ESATA, etc)?
    - CPU ?

best regards,
    Jacob

p.s.
    Just ordered a Asrock ION330HT-BD for client use, but I am curious whether it will work as a server as well.

insan3

Portal Member
    May 25, 2009
    I have an ION based client and playback is smooth. HDTV is stuttering though ( don't know why, because cpu load isn't above 50%).

The main problem i have is the interface. I had win xp with 1.0.2 with the streamedMP skin and no trouble. I have recenlty updated it to win 7 and MP RC1 with moving pictures 1 RC4. But the interface is awfully slow. In moving pictures i can't scroll through my movies ( i can but it takes minutes). And cpu load is very high when scrolling etc.

Is this because of the RC1 update or windows 7. :/ I have to say that the playback is smooth, except HDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom